Photo 924 printer paper jame
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
printer does not have visible paper jam and printer is showing error paper jam
the Encoder Strip is Broken or Missing
1.Power down the printer and unplug the
2.Slide the cartridge carrier inside the
printer a couple of inches to the left.
3.Locate the encoder strip (Figure 1) on the
right-side of the cartridge carrier encoder strip
encoder strip is a plastic strip with small markings over its entire length.
The strip may appear to be translucent.
the Encoder Strip
1. Remove the power cord from the printer.
2. Lift the scanner unit to expose the
inside, where the printer cartridges are located.
3. Gently slide the ink cartridge carrier to
the middle of the printer.
4. Gently move the top part of the printer
belt to the right.
5. Using an index finger, gently push
encoder strip (Figure 1) down and then back up, to get it back into the slot
located on the back of the ink cartridge carrier.
6. Gently press the strip first to the rear,
and then forward, to ensure that it is seated correctly.
7. Manually move the ink cartridge carrier
to the left, then to the right, to check the positioning of the encoder strip.
8. Once the encoder strip has been
re-seated, close the scanner lid.
9. Re-connect the power cord to the printer.
the Paper Tray is Not Overfilled
printer tray has a maximum capacity rating, and this rating is based on a
specific paper weight and or thickness. Consequently, situations might arise in
which the tray will not be able to accommodate the maximum number of sheets
listed in the printer specifications. Verify that the paper is not packed too
tightly in the paper tray.
the Printer Paper Guides
the paper guides to fit the size paper being used .The guides should be close
(1/16" or less) to the paper without touching, so that the paper stays
properly aligned without continually rubbing the guides.
and Remove Any Obstructions Inside the Printer and Input Tray
1. Open the front cover and make sure the
kickstand (if there is one) is engaged.
2. Locate and remove any obstructions within
the printer, such as paper pieces, staples, tape, or other objects.
3. Close the cover.
4. Remove all paper from the input tray.
5. Inspect the input tray for any
6. Remove any visible obstructions.
7. Reinsert the paper.
Apr 20, 2008 |
Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer