Question about Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV
I own a Sony Trinitron and purchsed the service manual. According to the manual, IC561 is faulty and need to be replaced. How hard would it be to replace? I have the TV cover off and located the IC on the board. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Gurus
First, understand the dangers of high voltage and charged capacitors inside a TV set! Discharge all capacitors and the picture tube in a safe way before proceeding.
What kind of IC is it?
1. Heat the IC pins and use a solder wick to remove ALL solder tin.
2. Use a sharp screwdriver or a knife to gently lift the IC from the PCB. Pay close attention if any of the pins is still attached to the PCB, if so, repeat step 1. Be careful, if you break the PCB, the Sony is ready for the dumpster...
3. Put the new IC in place, begin to solder pin 1, and then the pin most far away from pin 1.
4. Solder the rest of the pins, as quick as possible to not overheat the IC. Don't care if solder short circuit the pins.
5. Use a solder wick to remove all eventual short circuits that was the result of 4.
6. Inspect one more time to be 100% sure no short circuits remain.
If mounted through holes:
Same as above, with following additions:
1. a possible addition of a solder sucker.
4. The speed is still important, but since the pins are not so close, you should be able to do it without shorting.
Posted on Dec 31, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2011 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV
Sep 05, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS100 27" TV
Sep 24, 2010 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS120 27" TV
Jul 03, 2010 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-24FS120 24" TV
Nov 18, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV
Sep 08, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV
Aug 17, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS100 27" TV
Mar 26, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV
302 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: