Question about Samsung Yepp YP-Z5AB / YP-Z5AS MP3 Player
U an connecting my Samsung YP-Z5 to my computer but it wont connect anymore to add more songs what do i do
UMS mode allows the Z5 to interface to the computer as if it were a removable hard drive. You can then use Windows File Explorer to manage the files in the Z5.
To get into UMS mode, connect the Z5 to the USB port while simultaneously holding down the "return" button (the top of the square keypad) while connecting. This will put the player into UMS mode for that connection period only.
If you upgrade to the new firmware, you have the option of making it always connect in UMS mode.
The steps to install the latest firmware are:
(1) Download version 2.37 or newest of the Z5 firmware http://www.samsung.com.
(2) Unzip it to get the file named "Z5Update.dat".
(3) Disconnect the Z5 from the USB port.
(4) Reconnect the Z5 to the USB port while simultaneously holding down the "return" button (the top of the square keypad) while connecting. This will put the player into UMS mode for that connection period only.
(5) Open a File Explorer window, and find the YP-Z5 device.
(6) At this point, make sure the Z5 is fully charged and has at least 30MBytes of free space.
(7) Copy the file "Z5Update.dat" to the root directory of the YP-Z5 device.
(8) Now disconnect the Z5 from the USB port.
(9) The Z5 will display the option to upgrade to the new software, or to cancel.
(10) Select "Upgrade". This will power off the Z5.
(11) Connect the USB cable to the Z5. Now it will upgrade the firmware under USB power. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE USB UNTIL THE UPGRADE FINISHES. After finishing the upgrade, new firmware will be started automatically.
(12) Check the version information in the "Settings > System Info > Version" tab.
Now you can turn on the UMS only option.
Settings / System Info / UMS Only = On
Posted on Jan 07, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 23, 2011 | Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 Player
Oct 14, 2008 | Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 Player
Feb 27, 2010 | Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 Player
Nov 14, 2007 | Samsung YP-K3 MP3 Player
Sep 29, 2007 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5AB / YP-Z5AS MP3 Player
Sep 28, 2007 | Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 Player
Mar 06, 2007 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5QB MP3 Player
Feb 10, 2007 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5QB MP3 Player
Jan 16, 2007 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5AB / YP-Z5AS MP3 Player
Nov 25, 2017 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5AB / YP-Z5AS MP3 Player
Oct 30, 2008 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5AB / YP-Z5AS MP3 Player
Mar 10, 2017 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5AB / YP-Z5AS MP3 Player
296 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!