Question about Routers
If you have a laptop in home 2 that is able to connect with NO issues whatso ever I would almost think its a security issue... Do you use the same kind of encryption on both home 1 and 2? (ie WPA or WEP)
Posted on Dec 31, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2013 | D-Link DIR-600 Router
Jan 24, 2013 | D-Link DIR601 WirelessN 150 Home Router...
Dec 11, 2010 | D-Link Routers
Jul 03, 2010 | D-Link DSL-G604T Wireless Router
Jun 28, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Apr 19, 2010 | D-Link Dlink DI-514 Air Wireless 2.4 GHz...
Jul 07, 2009 | Westell Wirespeed VersaLink...
Nov 16, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Mar 30, 2008 | Routers
Oct 23, 2016 | Routers
Oct 22, 2016 | Routers
217 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!