I called Tassimo customer service and they helped me solve the problem. The sensors need to be reset
1) unplug machine
2) Before turning on, push and hold the START button
3) Release the START button after the machine is on
4) Insert T-disc and close lid
5) when it goes to AUTO , press START
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sodium bicarbonate is not a descaling product. It makes a nice minimally abrasive cleaning agent when mixed as a paste. Sodium ions will exchange with calcium in a water softener when the calcium is dissolved in water. Once the calcium salt (calcium carbonate) forms, it doesn't go back into solution in a neutral or basic environment. A bicarbonate solution will be basic.
Descaling requires an acid. The Tassimo products say "Do not use vinegar" (acetic acid). I suspect they use citric acid in their descaling product. You can try the lemon-flavored Kool-aid (the version packaged in the envelopes that needs a sweetener added when it's a drink). Mix 1 tablespoon of the powder in 1 pint of water. However, you'll need to make more than a pint of the solution since you need 500 ml of liquid per cleaning cycle. (1 pint is ~473 ml.)
How are you this lovely night I assume the descaling prosess is similar from machine to machine Your pour the descaling liquid/put tablet in the watertank then fill it with water. No coffee in machine. then you empty the coffee tabletcontainer. Find a jug that takes about a one liter and put the steam spout over the jug. Your manual tells you how many knobs are to be clicked.before you can start the machine, Start the machine it will work and rest for an hour. Your jug should be full of water, empty it -watch out it is hot.' Run itat least once with clean water. If you have lost your manual you can go online and find MANUALSONLINE.COM.You might well finde yours there. good luck Kolbrun
Hi, Red light means something needs attention. Descale solution is very corrosive and may have caused damage. I cant think of anything that would do this. Try switching it off and unplugging it for a few minutes. Hopefully resetting it will fix your problem. Dazza REPAIRER
You did the opposite of what might be useful. Completely cut of it's AC supply, pull the plug out of the socket and leave it like that for 10 minutes. Plug back in but first making sure the manual power button is off on the set, not in standby mode. (pushed in) Then push the manual button to restore standby mode and switch set into full on mode with the remote. It will either have "rebooted" and work straight away or you'll need to put it into Auto Set Up mode. Proceed as the first sections relevant from the instructions.
• All lights will blink the first time you turn on your machine. This is your cue to prepare your machine for use by following the quick instructions in Step 1 on separate insert. • If the water level runs low while you are preparing a beverage, all lights will flash. Simply remove and refill the water container, and brewing will continue automatically where it left off. It should not be necessary to discard the T-DISC and start over. • The AUTO light will blink throughout the brewing process. Some drinks require a pause in brewing as part of the recipe for brewing your perfect cup - this is to allow the optimal flavors to unfold and is a normal part of the brewing process. The AUTO light will continue to blink throughout this process.
HOW TO MAKE A DRINK • Place the mug of your choice on the cup stand. • When the STANDBY light illuminates, insert the T-DISC® of your choice and close the clamp. • The HEATING light will blink as the brewer heats the water to the optimal temperature for your drink. • Once the proper temperature is reached, the AUTO light will illuminate. When it lights up, press the start/stop button to begin the brew cycle. • The AUTO light will continue to flash throughout the brewing cycle. PLEASE NOTE: Some beverages have a pause in brewing after the initial influx of water into the T-DISC®. • The MANUAL light will illuminate when your drink is ready.
Mine sometimes does this but cleaning the barcode reader at the top of the machine (small glass panel) fixed it.
Also make sure the water container is seated correctly. If these dont fix it try pushing the water container left right/back front while there is a disc in the machine-mine has started to only work if I push the fitted water container backwards when "brewing".Its out of warranty now so I will make do until it breaks completely.