Question about Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing Dishwasher
My machine first completed a wash and dry with the two lights flashing for "blocked filter" ('Eco' & ''Prewash). There was water still in the machine but I cleaned the filters although they were clean. Did an on/off reset, next the the 'Eco' & 'Fast' lights were flashing (no code in book for this). On/off reset again.
Now it will fill and boil water without doing anything. It will drain if I start gain.
I had a hotpoint engineer try to fix this type of problem.
He insisted that there was something stuck in the bottom of the filter or pump.
Sure enough there was.
1. Unplug your dishwaser at the wall. Check its off or disconnected.
2. Remove the grill under the bottom rack.
3. Ensure that the filter is free from food and other obstacles and clean the filter.
4. Before replacing filter etc, get a piece of metal coat hanger wire and care fully insert it down the channel under the filter to free any lodged items. You may also see a small white impleller try to turn this with your finger or the coat hanger wire (this is the info from the engineer!).
5. replace filter and retry a wash.
This routine fixed or machine twice and will hopefully fix yours!
Don't forget to rate me!
The third time about 1 year later this occured again and even hotpoint gave up as they could not fix the machine. (after multiple visits). I think that the two flashing lights are were a red herring and the dishwasher had a separate intermittent fault. Hotpoint replaced the unit for a mimum charge. Callout + 40.
Posted on Feb 28, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2017 | Hotpoint Ariston Aquarius WD420 Front Load...
Jan 24, 2012 | Hotpoint Dishwashers
Feb 18, 2009 | Hotpoint 24 in. DWF32P Free-standing...
Jan 21, 2009 | Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing...
Jun 09, 2008 | Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing...
Apr 26, 2007 | Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing...
475 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!