Question about Intel Frontier Design Dakota 24-Bit PCI Soundcard Sound Card
I formatted my vista and installed XP SP2 to my lenovo y510 ideapad. there is no driver setup for xp. please resolve this problem. there is no sound, video nothing. please help:'(....
Actually downgrading from vistas to Xp is not supported these days in the new laptops.
1. If you dont have driver setup for XP. You can try to get the driver setup for other Lenovo models models with a Hit and Trial method.
2. Alternatively you try to find out the video card of the laptop..Nowadays laps are mostly with Nvidia. Nvidia gives driver for all Os. so try to download from the Nvidia Site. it also has a automatic video card detetection software. run it to get the exact drive.
3. For audio ..it might be a High definition audio ... so download the Universal audio architecture from the URL ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33867.exe or try google for UAA of lenovo.
then try to download a sound driver like conexant high defintion audio driver.
4. while installing the sound driver it might show u that "media for the device not found" in that case open device manager and install the driver from device manager.
5. last option lenovo now offers a Downgrade to XP CD... for more details log onto ..
HOpe to get rated as helpful.
Posted on Dec 31, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2010 | Creative Labs Creative Sound Blaster Live...
May 12, 2009 | Compaq Audio card Sound Card
Oct 11, 2008 | Compaq Audio Cards
Apr 02, 2008 | Edirol UA-4FX External Sound System
Dec 14, 2007 | Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit...
205 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: