Initial setup no sound from my end
When setting up receivers or amplifiers,
Following will help to determin or correct the Problem.
1) Do not plug any sources into the unit but power cord. Then wait for 0~5 second while an ear on top of the unit. See whether the clicking Sound can be heard. ** This will tell whether the actual unit has problem or not in Power Supply or in Power Amp Circuit. If it clicks, then The Amp/Receiver is partially OK. In other word, the problem may be something else. If No Clicking Sound, then Definitely there is Problem. Meaning The unit must be serviced by Professionals. ***NOTE: This applies to Modern Receivers or Amplifiers (I would say, the units manufactured after 1980.). Vintage Units may not Apply.
2) Make Sure Speaker Selector Switch for "A" is on.
3) If Above is met (if Clicks), By visual inspection, See if the Tape Switch (Source Select) or Tape Monitor Switch is on or not (Usually Tape 1 or 2 indicator lights). This switch mu be off!! or set to tuner.
4) Many of the receivers or Amplifiers has a Loop called "Main In/Pre Out" at the back of the unit. There must be horse shoes type pins in them. Otherwise it will not Sound. (Some units has a On/Off Switch near by those jacks and have to be on position).
5) Some Units has so called "External Processor Loop" similar to #4 above and the Switch is on the Face fanel usually. (Must be Off Position)
After the Steps #1~#5, if Everthing is Corrected, then the tuner should Sound (Unless there is proble with tuner).
Now Plug in one Source at a time.
****NOTE: When plug in Tape Deck, Make sure to plug in properly. Out of Tape Deck to Play of Receiver, In of Tape Deck to REC of Receiver. Otherwise (if Reversed), the Sound will be muted or No Sound Will Occure.
Jan 28, 2009 |
Audio & Video Receivers