We had trouble switching from AM to FM. We finally solved the problem by pushing the reset button on the back of the unit (any sharp pointed object can be used to engage the reset button). Do this followed by setting the mode to FM and try tuning in your FM stations. Try the procedure several times and it may finally kick in, as was the case with us getting our AM stations
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Connect the FM antenna and the AM loopantenna at the back of the unit. Rotate the AM loop for better reception.
2. Press AM/FM.
3. Tune a station by pressing TUNER+/-repeatedly until the desired station is found.Alternatively, you can press and hold thesame buttons down for about one second toactivate the automatic search function. Inthis mode the unit will automatically tunefrequencies until it finds a station.
4. Repeat step 3 to tune to another radio station.
5. Press AM/FMto select between FM and AM.Storing Radio Stations
The unit can store up to 40 radio stations (30 preset stations for FM and 10 preset stations for AM) in its memory. You can enter every single radio station yourself or the unit can store all available radio stations automatically in ascending order
Automatic Preset Programming
1. Press AM/FM to enter the AM/FM mode.
2. Press and hold AM/FM for two seconds to start automatic preset programming.
3. Radio frequencies will be browsed and radiostations stored automatically. When all the available radio stations are stored or all 40(30 preset stations for FM and 10 preset stations for AM) memory locations are full,the auto preset programming function will stop.
1. Tune to a radio station (see "Manual tuning"for details).
2. Press MEMORY. While the Program Preset number is still flashing, input your desired preset number using the numeric buttons or press CH+/-, then press MEMORY to store it.
Retrieving Preset Stations
1. Press AM/FM to enter the Tuner mode.
2. Press CH +/- to search up or down for thepreset stations or directly press the numeric buttons.
What's the make & model of the radio?
Most DAB/FM radios work from the same antenna, so if you receive FM stations, you should receive DAB stations in your area.
It should be noted that DAB transmitters work on lower power than conventional FM transmitters, and so you may be in a weak reception area (for DAB). It should also be noted that DAB uses different frequencies than regular FM stations and household appliances such as laptops,WiFi, microwave ovens, etc can affect DAb reception.
Tune to a strong channel. Go into the menu. Find the Channel or Antenna whatever your tv calls it. Set the signal strength display.
If the signal strength show good and your picture is lost then a problem may be in the tv. More than likely the antenna is not picking up a strong signal. Try rotating it some.
You can go to www.tvfool.com to see what stations are in your reception area.
Selecting the station.
1 Select tuner source
Press the [SRC] button.
Select the "TUnE" display.
2 Select the band
Press the [FM] or [AM] button.
Each time the [FM] button is pressed it switches between the
FM1, FM2, and FM3 bands.
3 Tune up or down band
Press the  or [¢] button.
During reception of stereo stations the "ST" indicator is ON.
1 Select the band
Press the [FM] or [AM] button.
2 Select the frequency to put in the memory
Press the  or [¢] button.
3 Put the frequency in the memory
Press the [#1] - [#6] button for at least 2 seconds.
The preset number display blinks 1 time.
On each band, 1 station can be put in the memory on each [#1]
- [#6] button.
The "hard wired" version that you speak of apparently only refers to the power supply.Do you have a seperate display for the Sirius unit? Now, you failed to mention the type of radio (factory or aftermarket); so, if you have to use an "empty radio station" then you have an FM modulator. This modulator could wired or wireless. The wired version interrupts the vehicle antenna wire and the station on said modulator is usually preset to either 88.1, 88.3,88.7, or 89.1. There is no need to power this modulator up, it comes on when then Sirius comes on. One way to check for power is to turn on the Sirius unit and tune your radio to an occupied Fm station. Wait a few seconds and listen to the reception. Turn off the Sirius unit, the reception should improve for the occupied station. If it is a wireless FM modulator it also has preset stations that you can change but, extending the wieless antenna will greatly improve your reception of the Sirius stations.
I have noticed various changes in my invehicle FM reception as well. There should be a external antenna that came with your car kit. This is precisely for these types of issues. It is designed to run along the windshield inside the car closest to the Cars radio antenna. It should plugin to the bottom of the cradle. Then tune it into a clean FM station (one that has no local station on it) and position the cradle and/or ext. antenna till you get the best reception in your vehicle. It could very well be that the antenna has come has loose on your car stereo backplane. You would probably notice decreased reception on regular AM/FM stations as well though.
Your wifi reception/functionality is a completely different animal and has no bearing on the FM transmitter in the car cradle. When your on wifi your not receiving signal from a sat. anymore just simply streaming internet audio like your computer.