Question about Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Calculator
Read the following answer from the TI Knowledge Base.
Hope it helps.
How can I troubleshoot an Error in Xmit error message when transferring data between two graphing calculators?
The Error in Xmit error message is returned when a connection cannot be established between two calculators when attempting to transfer data. There are several factors that can contribute to this error message.
• The calculators being connected are not compatible for data transfer.
• The data cable is not firmly connected to both units.
• The receiving calculator is not in receive mode.
• The I/O port on one of the graphing calculators is damaged.
The procedure for connecting two graphing calculators is as follows:
• Connect the data cable to the I/O port of each unit. The cable will fit tightly in the I/O port and snap into place. If silver from the cable is visible, the cable is not properly connected.
• Access the Link menu on each unit
• Place the receiving graphing calculator on "Receive"
• Place the sending unit on "Transmit" or "Send" from the Link menu.
Once the data has been selected, the transfer will commence accordingly.
The data transfer protocols for graphing calculator is as follows:
• TI-73 - Link allows data sharing with another TI-73, TI-82, TI-83, and TI-83 Plus.
• TI-82 - Link allows data sharing with another TI-82.
• TI-83 - Link allows data sharing with the TI-82, TI-83 family calculator, and TI-84 Plus family calculator.
• TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus family- Link allows data sharing with another TI-82, TI-83 family calculator, and TI-84 Plus family calculator.
• TI-85 - Link allows data sharing with another TI-85(To a TI-86. Not From a TI-86).
• TI-86 - Link allows data sharing with another TI-86 and from a TI-85 to a TI-86.
• TI-89 family- Link allows data sharing with another TI-89 family calculator and from a TI-92 family calculator.
• TI-92 family- Link allows data sharing with another TI-92 family calculator and from a TI-89 family calculator.
• Voyage™ 200 - Link allows data sharing with another Voyage 200 and TI-92 family calculator.
If the cable does not fit properly into the I/O port, or if the I/O port appears to be damaged (broken or separated plastic, obstruction inside the port), call 1-800-TI-CARES (1-800-842-2737) M-TH 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM FRI 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Central Standard Time to speak to a representative or sending an email to email@example.com.
Posted on Oct 29, 2009
Testimonial: "thanks, this has helped alot"
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 08, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 12, 2014 | Casio FX83ES Scientific Calculator
Apr 12, 2014 | Yaesu FT-450D Transceiver
Aug 02, 2012 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver...
Mar 06, 2011 | Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver...
Apr 09, 2010 | Casio CFX-9850G Plus Calculator
523 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 2 Expert
Level 3 Expert