Question about Philips DVDR3455H/37B
I have had this unit for over 1 year. Its a Philips DVDR3455/37.
The past few weeks the dvd player has been buggy. As in it won't open
when the button is pressed. Then yesterday it would not come up to the
playing state. I have unplugged it and let it set for some time then
plugged it back in. It gets to the name philips and stops. No response
from the remote or the on off switch on the front of the unit. If I
unplug it and plug it back in I get the time on the display. Then turn
it on and it goes to the Philips display and stops. It seems like a
firmware hang but not sure. I also hear a noise like the dvd wanting to
move the tray but not sure. As it is out of warranty I could open it up
but don't know what to look for.
Thanks for your help on this matter.
I found a work around for the problem where I boot up from DVD then don't power it off. Th e following is what I did to accomplish this:
1) I created a DVD with the latest firmware for the DVDR3455 put on it.
2) I plug the unit in, then while powering on the player I hold in the DVD open/close button. You will eventually get the text "LOAD" on the front display.
3) I then manually open the DVD door (see "dvd won't eject" on fixya web site) and put in my DVD with the firmware on it and close the door.
4) When the DVD door closes the player will read the firmware from the DVD. You will see the text "COPY" and "BOOT" displayed on the front, then it will go back to "PHILLIPS".
5) If you have your TV still connected to the player you will see the 3 free trial of YES dvd displayed on the screen. Press OK and you everything should be working.
Then you just have to pray that you don't loose power or you will have to go through all of this again.
This is pain but at least I can still use the player and get more use out of it.
Posted on Jan 18, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2010 | Philips DVDR3455/37 DVD Recorder/HDD...
Nov 03, 2009 | Philips DVDR3455H/37B
Nov 13, 2008 | Philips DVDR3455/37 DVD Recorder/HDD...
Oct 11, 2008 | Philips DVDR3455/37 DVD Recorder/HDD...
Jun 17, 2008 | Philips DVDR3455/37 DVD Recorder/HDD...
Dec 30, 2007 | Philips DVDR3455/37 DVD Recorder/HDD...
Mar 18, 2007 | Yamaha DVR-S120 DVD Player
298 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!