Question about Computers & Internet
1. make sure you backup ALL data you want, after a format it is un-retrievable without the right tools
2. put your windows XP disk in the cd drive, and turn on PC
3. when it asks "Press any key to boot form CD" hit a key
4. a blue screen will appear with writing flashing down the bottom for a few minutes until you come to a menu
5. press "enter" to start a install
6.press "esc" when it asks if you want to repair old installation
7. highlight the relevant partition and press "d" to delete old partition, then "enter" then "L"
8. it will not go back to partition menu, in which case you select "C" to create a new partition and then "enter" and "enter" again
9. select "format the partition with the NTFS file system" it will now format the hard drive, then copy files, restart by itself then begin the second part of the instiallation which im sure you could manage
Posted on Dec 31, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 28, 2011 | Nokia 5130 Cellular Phone
Apr 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 02, 2010 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Jun 08, 2009 | Acer Aspire M1641-U1521A PC Desktop
Apr 13, 2009 | IBM ThinkPad T30 2366 Notebook
Feb 25, 2009 | Acer TravelMate 4100 Notebook
Sep 16, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
287 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!