Question about Floppy Drives
1. make sure you backup ALL data you want, after a format it is un-retrievable without the right tools
2. put your windows XP disk in the cd drive, and turn on PC
3. when it asks "Press any key to boot form CD" hit a key
4. a blue screen will appear with writing flashing down the bottom for a few minutes until you come to a menu
5. press "enter" to start a install
6.press "esc" when it asks if you want to repair old installation
7. highlight the relevant partition and press "d" to delete old partition, then "enter" then "L"
8. it will not go back to partition menu, in which case you select "C" to create a new partition and then "enter" and "enter" again
9. select "format the partition with the NTFS file system" it will now format the hard drive, then copy files, restart by itself then begin the second part of the instiallation which im sure you could manage
Posted on Dec 31, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2011 | Teac FD-05PUB External Floppy Drive
Nov 26, 2010 | SmartDisk (RF-FDUSB-TM2) (RFFDUSBTM2)...
Mar 07, 2010 | Sony 2X Floppy Disk Dives External...
Sep 15, 2009 | Dell Floppy Drives
Jan 08, 2009 | Mitsumi (11-08004) (1108004) External...
Nov 25, 2008 | Teac FD-05PUB External Floppy Drive
Aug 18, 2008 | Dynex DX-EF101 (DXEF101) External Floppy...
Jan 17, 2008 | Teac FD-05PUB External Floppy Drive
Oct 09, 2007 | Floppy Drives
286 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!