HP 2000-410US when turned on the power light button blinks 1 time every 5 seconds, nothing elas
1. Disconnect anything that is connected to your laptop. Usb Flash discs, External HDDs, Wireless Devices using dongles etc.
2. Make sure that your device does not receive any power i.e. Disconnect your ac cable, and remove battery from your laptop.
3. Hold down the power button for 5 seconds. This would drain remaining power from your laptop. But as the power cable and the battery are disconnected, you should not expect anything to happen.
4. Identify where your RAM is located under your laptop. Unscrew the cover off, then remove the RAM from your laptop. Replace the cover temporarily.
5. Flip over your laptop. Connect your power cable to the laptop, NOT THE BATTERY NEH! Then press the power button. Sometimes your laptop will make long beeps to let you know the RAM is not inserted in your laptop. But nothing will happen on your monitor because it needs RAM to show you something.
6. After those beeps, remove the power cable. Press the Power Button to drain remaining power on your laptop. Flip the Laptop and replace the RAM you have removed earlier.
7. Insert your power cable and try restarting your laptop and see what happens. I am sure by now you should have some response on your laptop monitor.
NB: While performing the above mentioned, remember PC or Laptop parts are delicate. Even static electricity can damage them. Thus before handling your laptop components, make sure you touch the wall or any large metal subject from time to time to discharge the static. Wear 100% cotton cloths as you are working on it. Bare feet even better to discharge the static
Jun 14, 2014 |
Gateway MX8711 Notebook