Question about Singer CG754 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Things to try:
1. New needle.
2. Make sure the needle is put in the correct way (there are fronts and backs to the needles).
3. Make perfectly sure that your bobbin is put into the bobbin case correctly (the thread going clock or counter-clock wise as indicated in the directions)
4. Make sure your bobbin thread is wound through the case and out as indicated by the directions
(these points vary DRASTICALLY by model of machine and brand).
5. Holding about 4 or 5 inches of top thread, rotate the flywheel (on the far right of your machine) by hand (don't use the footpedal). The needle should go down, it's thread creates a loop, and the bobbin thread loops through that loop; as you continue to rotate the flywheel, the needle will come back up, bringing its own thread AND the bobbin thread. This is when the machine is ready to sew (when both threads are up).
6. If your machine has been moved around and not very gently, then it is possible that the bobbin case and housing have been jostled out of alignment. If that's the case, then you'll need an experienced sewer to look at it for you - mostly that's a case of minor adjustment.
If you remember that the needle is flying up and down thousands of times in a minute, then having all these elements in perfect alignment makes sense.
Even experienced sewists get stumped with this, especially when working with a new machine.
Posted on Dec 30, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2018 | Juki Sewing Machines
Mar 05, 2018 | Sewing Machines
Jan 08, 2018 | Brother Sewing Machines
Aug 19, 2017 | Sewing Machines
May 24, 2017 | Sewing Machines
Aug 19, 2016 | Sewing Machines
Jun 27, 2016 | Sewing Machines
Mar 06, 2017 | Brother CE8080PRW Limited Edition Project...
Aug 13, 2010 | Husqvarna Sewing Machines
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!