- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are no specific drivers for your scanner for the Vista operating system. You might be able to get some use out of it if Vista tries to communicate with the scanner using some type of generic driver. Unfortunately if this doesn't work, your only recourse is to purchase a newer scanner.
My 3300C is back from dead. It's ALIVE!!!!
I am not a geek - just a stupid gene cloner/researcher/academic faculty/administrator (I have never changed oil in my car). The steps I took are as follows (the order is important):
1) Go to "http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/" and you will see a scary table. Do not get intimidated. You will only download "packages" under the system your mac is running (check "About This Mac" under apple). Forget the rest.
2) Open "Libsub - binary" and install it. Then open Libsub SDK and install it.
3) Open Sane Backends - and install binary and then SDK.
4) Open Twain-Sane Interface and install it.
5) Open Sane preferences and install.
I then restarted my computer (may be not necessary) and opened Photoshop - under File>Import, I had a new option "SANE...". It found the scanner and presented an extremely funky window to adjust coordinates some choices. Don't mess with coordinates, choose "Preview" instead. Give some time for scanner to respond. A few groans later preview is presented next to the funky window - adjust the coordinates and scan :-)
I had the same problem and was having no luck with suggested solutions from HP. But the following procedure did work for me. It disables WIA, the built in XP scanning software. See http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1280600613997+28353475&threadId=124494
1. Right click My Computer. 2. Click Manage. 3. On the left, click the plus sign on Services and Applications. 4. Double click Services. 5. On the right side, scroll down to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) and right click. 6. Click Properties. 7. On the General tab, set Startup Type to Disabled. 8. Click OK. 9. Exit Computer Management.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
You may have to install or update drivers Most of the
drivers/software I get are from a web site driverguide.com you need to fill out
a free registration then search for the driver you need download it in a format
you can use install it and then most times reboot the computer
Please leave Comment or Rateanswer for me to improve in the future
Go to the HP website and under the support section see if there is a windows vista driver available for your model #. If there is then download & install. Scanner should then work. Hope this helps & please remember to rate my answer. Thanks.