Question about Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
I can't activate Bluetooth
I had the same problem, and this is how I fixed it. Now it's working fine.
Thank you for contacting Garmin International,
If you are currently running the most current version of bluetooth software, and you are still seeing issues where your compatible phone is still not connecting properly, please try the below procedure, which will reinstall the version of bluetooth you have downloaded in case there was any corruption during the transfer or installation of the bluetooth version.
1. Power the unit on
2. Touch View Map
3. Touch the ETA/Speed button in the bottom left hand corner.
4. press and hold your finger over the speedometer for 10-15 seconds until a new screen appears.
5. Touch next at the bottom of the screen until the top blue banner reads Bluetooth Status.
6. Touch UPDT P, then Touch yes.
7. At this point the unit should go to a page that says Updating Bluetooth Firmware, allow this to finish, once finished, press quit, then press and hold the back button. At this point, go back through and try to connect your Bluetooth device again.
Posted on May 30, 2009
Info on bluetooth fix and the files you need here:
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
Please try to do these steps:
Turn off Garmin Nuvi
Turn "bluetooth" function OFF (on your cell phone)AND turn off your cell phone
Now, turn on Garmin and make sure bluetooth is in enabled mode
Next, turn on your cell phone AND turn "bluetooth" function ON
Wait about 30 seconds or less, your Nuvi should connect now w/ a phone icon.
I understand, it's such a pain, but it works for me everytime I do this.
Remember, Phone must be off and bluetooth is also off before you turn on your Nuvi.
A GPS girl
Posted on Jan 01, 2008
Cannot enable blue tooth
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
OK, all the above work, especially the reset and re-enable. What I find with mine is that when it gets warm (not hot even, just warm) the bluetooth stops working when the unit is turned off and on, ie when one stops the car for a rest stop or to get fuel. I have to mount mine down by the AC vents to keep it cool in the summer.
Posted on Jan 23, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I did the following steps and my Nuvi 680 bluetooth is working good now.
Please try these:
Thank you for contacting Garmin International, I am sorry that you are having this issue. You may need to reset your
1) From the Nuvi main "Where To?" screen, tap "View map"
2) On the map screen, tap the "speed" indicator in the lower left corner of the screen.
3) On the next screen, there is a large round speedometer (mph) near the top center of the screen. Press and hold on the center of the speedometer until the screen changes to a diagnostic mode that says "Shutdowns" at the top.
4) Press "Next"at the bottom of the screen repetitively until you come to a screen that says "Bluetooth statues" at the top...
5) On the Bluetooth Statues screen, press "Updt PR" button in the lower right corner. The screen should show "Do you really want to update the Bluetooth firmware?"... Press "yes"... Let the unit sit for several minutes. It should show "Updating Bluetooth on the screen. When it is complete, it will return to the "Bluetooth Statues screen.... Press "Quit" in the lower left corner... Then return to the main "Where To?"
screen and try enabling and paring the Bluetooth again?.
Additionally, it is best to pair the devices from the cell phones menus and pairing procedures, instead of from the Garmin device......
Note: before re-pairing the Nuvi to your cell phone, make sure you remove the nuvi device fr your cell phone first, then add device. If your nuvi bluetooth still fails after you do this step, then your nuvi bluetooth file maybe corrupted. You will need to download this file and reinstall it to your Nuvi
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Jan 18, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Dec 08, 2008 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Nov 22, 2008 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Aug 17, 2008 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Dec 31, 2007 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Aug 08, 2007 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
962 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: