After I had removed a virusprogram my computer will not start. I had non recover. Please help!
If your computer is unable to load OS from hard drive, try the safe mode by tapping the f8 key while the computer starting and in the menu options select safe mode and windows will load with limited settings and If you have any other anti virus that you are already using and if its a paid version, Update the anti virus and please perform a full scan and see if the anti virus that you have finds or detects any virus in the machine. If not, as suggested download avast free anti virus and schedule a boot time scan.
If you are loking for a free version of anti virus, I would suggest AVAST anti virus which has Boot time scan aswell, which will scan your computer for boot sector viruses also, before even the Operating system can load.
1. Don't panic! This golden rule may prevent the loss of important data stored in your computer and help you avoid unnecessary stress.
2. Disconnect your computer from the Internet.
3. If your computer is connected to a Local Area Network, disconnect it.
4. If the computer cannot boot from the hard drive (error at startup), try to start the system in Safe Mode or from the Windows boot disk
5. Before taking any action, back up all critical data to an external drive (a floppy disk, CD, flash memory, etc.).
6. Install antivirus software if you do not have it installed.
7. Download the latest updates for your antivirus database. If possible, do not use the infected computer to download updates, but use a friend's computer, or a computer at your office, an Internet cafe, etc. This is important because if you are connected to the Internet, a virus can send important information to third parties or may try to send itself to all email addresses in your address book. You may also be able to obtain updates for your antivirus software on CD-ROM from the software vendors or authorized dealers.
8. Perform a full system scan.
If your computer has suffered a severe virus attack
Some viruses and Trojans can cause severe damage to your computer:
1. If you cannot boot from your hard drive (error at startup), try to boot from the Windows rescue disk. If the system can not recognize your hard drive, the virus has damaged the disk partition table. In this case, try to recover the partition table using scandisk, a standard Windows program. If this does not help, contact a computer data recovery service. Your computer vendor should be able to provide contact details for such services.
If you have a disk management utility installed, some of your logical drives may be unavailable when you boot from the rescue disk. In this case, you should disinfect all accessible drives, reboot from the system hard drive and disinfect the remaining logical drives.
2. Recover corrupted files and applications using backup copies after you have scanned the drive containing this data.
Issue: How to manually delete or clean a virus?
Follow the step's below carefully to accomplish the task.
1: Start your computer in safemode.
2: If you know where the virus are hiding delete the executable file.
3: Open the registry and go to the keys below and add an : in front of the value of the string that you think its the virus. Like this, if string is "virus" and its value is "c:\virus.exe" change its value to ":c:\virus.exe". The : is like comenting out the value. But if you are sure its the virus you can just delete the string. Here are the keys you maybe want to look at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
4: The virus can start itself from some other places to. win.ini is the most common files that viruses can use. Soo you should find the files named win.ini and system.ini and look through them and see if you find anything.
5: Look through the startup folder that is normaly located in your profile directory \Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
6: Try searching for the virus executable to see if its hiding some other place.
7: Finally look through the list of services that windows is running. This list is often located under control panel - administrative tools - services. After this 7 steps just reboot your computer in normal mode and try to figure out if the virus is still there.. If not SUCCESS if yes, try to go back to safe mode and hunt some more. Off course this 7 steps will not work on every virus out there, but most of them should be cleared..
Just every step that you perform to succesfully clean the virus.
All the best, Regard's
Jul 13, 2010 |
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium...