- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Remove the batteries and place the unit in the warm sun for a few days. Make sure that you open the battery compartment. After that try putting the remote in a plastic bag with rice for a few days to get rig of all of the moisture. Retry with fresh batteries.
If the remote has been in use for a long time then some moisture and dust has accumulated in the contacts.
Try this simple remedy:
Take out the batteries from the remote. Keep it in the open for sometime - not directly under the sunlight. Let it get dried up.
Blow some air inside.
Wait for some more time.
Replace the batteries.
If it still does not work I am afraid you have to replace the remote
James. if you haven't replaced the batteries in the hand held remote, that's the first place to start troubleshooting the problem. Make sure the new batteries are facing the proper direction, when you install them. Also, check the photo electric cell receiver in the AC unit. It may be dirty and can not clearly receive the signal. or you may be to far away from the unit.
You probably installed the batteries facing the wrong direction. Therefore, the remote is not receiving any power from the batteries. The + (positive) end of the batteries should be touch the solid metal tab.
Try the following until you achieve results: 1. Make sure power is turned on 2. Check batteries in remote are working 3. Lift front panel of A/C unit and press the test button beside the electrical cover on the right of the unit. 4. If unit still will not start then the computer control card is most likely damaged and needs to be replaced
Sounds like the remote may have been dropped or has just gone bad. Contact the manufacturer for a replacement or you can try and post a thread in the electronics section for help on repairing the remote.