How to unlock it to play either NTSC/PAL
Here is the sequence to unlock your DV Player. Clearly this needs to be done exactly to access the secret menu. So, you may want to copy and paste this info into a word program and then print it.
- Begin -
1. Turn off NS55P, leave TV on.
2. Using the original remote supplied with the NS55P, press these buttons in order: DISPLAY, TOP MENU, CLEAR, POWER.
3. NS55P will turn on, displaying the secret menu on the tv screen.
4. Select 2: Drive Manual Operation, then 4: Tray Aging Mode.
5. The screen then shows two input lines: Input Count and Current
Count. Use the code 00030 on the first line. Pressing zero first will
take you back to the original menu, so instead of trying to type
0-0-0-3-0, try something like 1-0-0-0-3-0 so the 1 in the front
disappears after the last zero is entered.
6. Press ENTER on the remote. Disk tray will then open and close automatically 30 times. Let it do this until it finishes.
7. Repeat steps 4-6, but instead of using 00030 in the Input Count,
use 00000. Press ENTER, and the NS55P is now capable of reading Region
- End -
Please ask any questions using the comment box below.
May 22, 2008 |
Sony DVP-NS55P DVD Player