Question about Kitchen Ranges

2 Answers

The fuse seems to be burned

Hi
We have a new macrowave which came with the house that we just bought. I think I turned it on when it was open and then it started blinking and now it doesn't work. It lets me arrange the clock,but when I open the door, the clock goes off and the sound of a fan comes from inside and every thing goes off,and while the fan is working every thing goes off. I tried to unplug it and then plug it back in and it didn't work. Could it be the fuse. If it is the fuse how should I change the fuse?
TX

Posted by on

Ad

2 Answers

Ps if not the door lock switch if its new call a factory tech and get it done under warrenty tech 17

Posted on Dec 29, 2007

Ad

Sounds to me like its one of the door lock switches is stuck in the closed position there are three of them no way the fan should run with the door openun plug it then at the bottom of the control panel should be a screw take it out and the control panel should push up then out get a flash light look to the left hand side where the door is you shold see three micro switches two of which the hooks on the door engage now look at the little plungers see if they are all extended if not replace the one thats not pay attention to the terminals most have three connectors no. nc. comm. note which ones the wires are on of the one you remove and put them back on the new switch same postion if the fuse was blown nothing would work by tech17 thats my name but having trouble with my log in right now

Posted on Dec 29, 2007

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Have i been conned by my local technician?


Hi

I think he is correct, the fuse will blow if magnetron is faulty and the magnetron unit will look burned but not the casing that's why there is a fuse to stop the microwave catching fire, take a tip from me it's usually cheaper to buy a new microwave than a new replacement magnetron, the only cheaper way is try and get a used magnetron but then you run the risk of reliability issues it's totally up to your personal choice

Apr 13, 2016 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

My battery died and i bought a new one but putting it on the wrong way the relay or fuses blew cousing the cars electricals going awol! i dnt know wich relay or fuse has blown


hi, first of all you can pull the relays and fuse, if they look fried well you have to replace them. open the fuse box underneath the dash board and relays under the hood

Feb 18, 2010 | 2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

1 Answer

Tv will not turn on. I bought a new power cord


open the back cover and check the fuse inside, it may be broken. Replace it with the same rating as specified in PCB board.

Nov 21, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Bought a new house that had a craftsman opener model 139.53990 made in '03 set aside in the garage. Tried hooking it up, bought a universal remote and got it programmed. I push the button the lights...


There are no fuses in the opener. Pull the logic board (the end where all the white wires go) and check for burnt or missing traces on the printed circuit board. This is not uncommon where there are electrical storms.

Sep 21, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...

2 Answers

Hi i have a ploblem i bought this proscan lcd 19inch tv a year ago now it doest turn on


Unfortunately, many new electronics are made cheaper nowdays and the power supplys do burn out quickly. It should be tested with voltmeter to determine if it needs to be fixed or replaced. The power supplies have capacitors and resistors in them that tend to fry out.

Aug 28, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Heating element failed twice


most dryers have a thermal fuse on the exhaust it may be open

Mar 17, 2009 | Whirlpool LER5636P Electric Dryer

1 Answer

Central heating


Hi, l doubt this is still an issue for you and l'm certainly no electrician. But many timers seem to be packing in regularly, of all different brands.

I saw a forum post that directed me to this website: http://www.seered.co.uk/sunvic.htm

I have had a similar problem with a Drayton SM2 timer - it is basically roasting itself as l speak, and yes l got the red light problem too, light came on, but no heating on, funny smell too. Solved it by flicking the fuse switch on and off (the switch that controls the entire house's electricity). I think powercuts might have something to do with all of this, who knows? But according to the website above, plain shoddy components are the real problem, and yes, the manufacturing companies all seem to be aware of your problems already, however much they deny it when you phone them up and they are chomping away on a sarnie and dismissing your concerns. Make sure you point out if you still have the timer on warranty and get a new one free of charge, pronto.

And think twice before an electrician tells you it could be a fault with the entire house's wiring. No ... everyone but you and l seem to be aware that timers just break because of their shoddy manufacture. Of course yes it could be a wider problem with the house's wiring, or even the powercuts that l mentioned. Just keep an open mind and don't get ripped off by the manufacturers or the electrician, both vultures l tell thee!

Jan 14, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies

1 Answer

Top of Dryer getting scalding hot


hi there try drying a load without your house ducting.if its restricted at all this cause the heat to not leave the dryer a designed by manufacture and their for get hotter.can be other things but thats most common.ps should have good air flow leaving dryer when vent off.but because fine at house just moved from i think new house is the problem.God bless ,tom

Jan 05, 2009 | Dryers

1 Answer

Burning smell (electrical) from my washing machine


possibly the suppressor capacitor. take lid off and trace where mains input is connected and that is the suppressor. they sometimes go pop
other possibility is the neon burnt out

Oct 03, 2008 | Smeg WD16BA Front Load Washer / Dryer

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kitchen Ranges Logo

Related Topics:

121 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kitchen Ranges Experts

Oloyede Monsuru

Level 3 Expert

1417 Answers

Marvin
Marvin

Level 3 Expert

83036 Answers

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3348 Answers

Are you a Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...