An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: DLINK ROUTER DI-624M
Press the reset button on the back of the router and hold for 10-15 seconds, this resets router to factory defaults. Access the router using the IP address of the router http://192.168.1.1 access the router setup and create your PPPOE internet connection provided by your ISP using your username and password connect to the router via the computer. BPCS
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the status led light keeps flashing there is a problem on your ISP side. Router is trying to establish connection with internet. Please check led light status on your modem (not router). Also please try to change position of your router as it might be in a "dead spot".
For more info about your router please visit: http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=6
1. check the status lights on the router if they flashing you have lost connectivity. 2.unplug or press the reset button on the back of the router hold in. this will reset the router 3. reboot the PC. this will reset the PC. 4.when connected you will have to update the firmware. I looked at the manufacturer's site and this router is discontinued but there are resources to troubleshoot this issue http://www.dlink.com/products/?tab=3&pid=DI-514&rev=DI-514
go to this page above to do further troubleshooting.
Well you need to log into the router and set it up.First of all if you are using dsl you will need to set it up for dsl.If its cable you need to set it up for cable.Go to the website and follow the set up instructions.
- Try to power cycle the Motorola modem and the router for 5 minutes. - After 5, turn On first the modem, make sure all the lights of the modem are stable before plug in the router. - If this procedure doesn't work then I suggest that you might need to update the firmware of your router.
Make sure that you have a copy of the latest firmware and it has an *.exe file with it. Because the router's configuration page won't be available, you'll be needing the exe to some sort of force the firmware upgrade procedure.
Unplug everything attached to your router except the power cable and LAN cable connected to your pc.
Configure your TCP/IP with this info: IP:192.168.123.253, Default mask:255.255.255.0, Default Gateway:192.168.123.254 and DNS Server:192.168.123.254 (Use only 1 DNS server). Save this new configuration and reboot your pc.
Unplug the power cable to your router as the pc reboots. When everything is up and running, plug the power cable. The status led will be flashing like crazy. It's normal.
Use the exe file to upgrade your firmware. Make sure that the utility file (exe file) is able to recognize your router or else you won't be able to do a firmware upgrade. Now this may take a while, keep pressing the Refresh button to recognize your router. Once recognized you would see there 192.168.0.1 crash. Once you have this, you can now press the upgrade button.
Wait for a while until the unit finishes the upgrade and once done, I think you have recovered the life of your router from the pits of hell. Hahahaha.
You can now unplug the power of the router and restart your pc, see if everything is doing fine.
Check to make sure you're using the correct power adapter for the router. Your computer uses a 169.... address when it fails to connect to the router...this is a normal symptom when the router is not working correctly. Your router may have failed and will need to be replaced.
If those lights are lit, they often have a "Code" this code is in the manual. Please find below a link for the manual I am sure all will be found in it.
Oh & I am sure ya can connect another WiFi'ed PC no prob's.