Question about SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
You can try rockbox, from rockbox. org. Its a bit complicated and not as elegant, but it can detect radio stations with plenty of presents availabile for download.
Posted on Dec 30, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
You will need to manually reinstall the firmware from the Sansa Website
Current version is 01.02.15 (at this date 1/30/11)
On your clip the version number may be followed with an "a"
Your clip should be at least 50% charged or greater before following these steps
DO NOT use the Sansa Updater
1. Download the current firmware for your Clip+ from the Sansa Website
2. Save the zipped firmware (clipplus01.02.15.zip) to a folder you can easily locate (Downloads)
3. Create a new folder naming it what you wish.. (Sansa Firmware)
4. Open the downloaded zipped file(clipplus01.02.15.zip) using something like Winrar
5. Delete the file clpp_data.dat (This is the slot radio ad)
6. Extract/unzip the remaining file clppa.bin to the new folder (Sansa Firmware)
7. Plug in your Sansa Clip
8. Drag and drop (copy) the clppa.bin file into the internal memory or root of the clip
9. Unplug the clip from the USB port on your PC
10. The firmware will update and the media will refresh.. and you will no longer have the Slot radio Ad on your clip
I have three clips.. 2 of the 2 gb.. 1 of the 4 gb and now a plus 8 gb.. and yes..I too found the banner ad annoying as all get out.
Jan 18, 2011 | SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
Jan 10, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa m240 MP3 Player
Dec 01, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Nov 12, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
May 18, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c240 MP3 Player
Feb 28, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Feb 19, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Dec 28, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
54 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: