Hi there i have just bought a Ipod Nano for christmas i have downloaded all the itunes software but i am unable to access the itunes store i keep getting a message saying check network settings and connections on computer, why does it keep doing this and what can i do to recify it so i can access the itunes store.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert that has 1 follower.
Re: apple ipod problem
Theres a few things you can try:
1. Update to itunes 8
2. uninstall itunes, and reinstall it
3. can you access it while logged into an account? Out of an account?
If none of these work, download the Itunes vista patch fix here
iTunes and vista is like trying to stick a finger covered in alumiunum foil in the electrical outlet lol, vista is microsoft, itunes is apple. Rival OS companies.
Hope this helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
We have to try connecting thr ipod to computer and charge it for atleast 4 to 8 hrs in the begining.. Then install the latest version of itunes form www.apple.com/download/itunes
After that connect the ipod to ur computer USB port (Desktop:connect at the rear USB port) Then set it up.
Firstly, you have to download from the internet the latest version of iTunes. Then you open the itunes programme and plug your ipod on the pc. Start organizing your files on the itunes programme (make lists, add songs). As soon as you finish oraganising your files on the itunes programme and your ipod is still plugged on the pc,
Press the "files" option on the left top of window and then "sync ipod" below!
Hope i helped you! Looking forward to hearing from you providing further assistance!
1st answer: You may have a non-Apple product. There are lots of knockoffs of the
Nano. Here is a link to check:
Yes, he can but it would have to be done manually, meaning outside of the iTunes application. When the iPod is connected to a computer, it will show up on the desktop of a Mac as another disk drive. Be warned, as soon as you connect the new iPod to the computer, iTunes will load and attempt to sync (copy) all the songs in its library to the iPod. Check here for more: http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/
Have you tried The Famous 5 Ipod R's?
1. Reset your iPod, iPod nano, iPod mini( http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705 ), or iPod shuffle ( http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300595 ).
2. Retry your iPod with a different USB or FireWire port on your computer (please note that the latest iPods can only be synced through USB).
3. Restart your computer, and make sure that you have the latest software updates installed.
4. Reinstall your iPod and iTunes software. You can download the latest versions of iPod Updater (http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/ ) and iTunes (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ ) from our website.
5. Restore your iPod using the latest iPod Updater. Important: Please note that restoring (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60983 ) an iPod will erase all songs and files on your iPod and restore it back to its original settings. Make a backup of any files on your iPod before restoring it. After restoring, you can transfer your music and files from your computer back to your iPod again.
Watch the Five Rs performance in action! (http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/tutorial/ip_gettingstarted_t16.html)
Did it help any?