My Nokia N70 fell in the toilet. I tried drying it with the hand-dryer, but it still doesn't turn on. Any suggestions?
Forgot my Nokia 7260 in pocket and dropped everything in washer that went through 2 cycle. Was completely water logged and would not start or charge. The phone was on before the incident. Is it possible that it will work with a new battery? Or has it shorted because it was on before drowning?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I am not sure if this will help but here goes anyway. I assume you immediately removed the phone from the toilet when it fell in. Here is what I did in a similar circumstance. My wife once dropped her car keys and remote in the toilet while she was at work. Once she got home, I opened the unit up and using a hair dryer carefully dried off the printed circuit board. I then replaced the battery. The remote is still working today. Good luck! Whether this works out for you or not you should tell your Mom about it. Accidents do happen - my guess is she will understand.
really the only thing to do in this case is to let it dry COMPLETELY before putting any power to it. if you let it dry completely now it may still work but if you tried it already and it failed i doubt it. try a new battery if it wont turn on. i dropped my nokia in the toilet and let it dry for 3 days then it worked; had a buddy spill his bottle of beer on my blackberry and after the defrost and over night it worked fine.... good luck
Don't put the battery / power on. Take the phone to the mechanic / nokia service center on urgent basis. They will remove the remnents of the water and salt over the circuit.
If the problem is still not solved, either the power supply or the motherbaord will require a replacement.
To help drying out the phone, I suggest taking the phone apart. (i.e. battery, sim card, back cover, etc) putting it all into a container of rice, Use a container that you can put a lid on. Let the phone set in the rice for a couple of days. The uncooked rice will draw the moisture out of the equipment. This will dry it out, but whether or not it shorted the unit out is your next step.
You need to take the battery out and let it dry in the sun or a warm dry area for several days. DONT PUT IT IN THE MICROWAVE, OR THE DRYER!!!
Although, not removing the battery immediately, may have damaged it permanently.
Best of Luck.