- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Which model phone do you have? For the CL82509 and related DECT 6.0, you need to set the outgoing message from the handset when the answering machine is on. (It can be turned on from the handset).
For the outgoing message: with the handset in Idle mode, press Menu/Select. Use the up (Dir) and down (CID) arrows to highlight Ans Sys Setup. Then press Menu/Select. Use the same arrow keys to select Announcement and press Menu/Select again. Press 7 to record a new announcement. At the tone, speak your message clearly then press 5 when you have ended the message. The message will play back.
If you're talking about the voicemail system provided by your local telephone company, each will be different, but my ATT UVerse voicemail is controlled at http://www.att.com/uversecentral and then click My Account, My Services, U-verse Voice Home Page. Hopefully ATT doesn't shuffle around the menus by the time you read this. This is correct as of Dec 2010.
Settings: In Settings dialog you can set the following options for Best Answering Machine:
* Greetings - allows setting up the greetings played on pick-up; * Active in profiles - defines in which profiles the application will pick-up the phone and record messages; * Storage - allows selecting on which disk the records will be saved; * Pick up after - sets the time after which the call will be answered; * Record time - maximum amount of time the message is being recorded; * Format - message file format (amr,wav); * Icon - configures the visibility of the icon displaying application activity and presence of new messages; depending on this parameter, can be shown in standby screen only (Phone application) or in any application; * Play volume - play volume for the greeting; * Records lifetime - automatically removes old messages;
Messages: In this view you can listen to new and old messages, delete unnecessary messages, send the recorded messages and call the person directly from this view.
During the call:
When Answering Machine is processing an incoming call, you will see a dialog showing the application's progress with the ability to stop it:
* Answer - when this command is chosen during a call, it stops greeting playback or message record and you can continue talking to the caller; * Hang up - stops greeting playback or message recording and terminates the call; hope this will be helpful...
Record Your Announcement
Before using this answering system, you
should record the announcement (up to
three minutes long) that callers will hear
when the system answers a call. If you
choose not to record an announcement,
the system answers with a pre-recorded
announcement: “HELLO. PLEASE LEAVE A
MESSAGE AFTER THE TONE.”
1 Press and hold a. When the
system beeps, speak toward the
microphone normally, from about nine
inches away. While you are recording,
the Message Window blinks .
To stop recording, release a.
The system automatically plays back
To review your announcement, press
and release a.
To erase your announcement and
return to the pre-recorded announcement,
press Dwhile your announcement is
Callers can skip the announcement by
The processor chip that records the voice is a multi level SMD technology chip. The tech who changes it will need the proper soldering facilities for this type of work.
The only people who can service the phone are the authorized service people for ATT. They will not sell parts to non authorized service people, even if they have the proper facilities to change the chip.
For service on your phone, the service center will normaly change the complete circuit board. If the phone is out of warranty, the cost would not be worth it.