Question about Printers & Copiers
Hi I am having difficulty printing to the above cannon. I get a message saying ther may be a networking problem or the machine is switched off which it is not and other printers on the network can print to it.
Here are solutions to some common problems with Vista that you might encounter while trying to add or use network printers,
If you have used the printer before without problems, try these options:
• Make sure that the network is working and that your computer is properly connected to the network. For more information, see the following Help topics:
• View the status of your home network
• Identify and resolve home network problems
• Troubleshoot network and Internet connection problems
• Check the status of the printer in the print queue, or go to the printer to make sure that is it powered on and ready to use.
• If the printer is plugged in to another computer and shared on the network, make sure that computer is turned on. If it is turned on and the problem persists, contact the computer owner to make sure that the computer is connected to the network.
• If you are trying to print to a printer that you added using a TCP/IP address instead of a printer name, make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet or the network where the printer is installed. If you recently experienced a power outage, the printer TCP/IP address might have changed. The new address will not work with the printer port that you used to connect the printer to your computer. Try to add the printer again. For more information, see Add or remove a printer.
If you recently installed a new version of Windows, changed the printer driver software, or are trying to print to the printer for the first time, you might need to install printer drivers that are compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. If you are trying to use a printer that is plugged in to another computer and shared on the network, make sure that a driver for your version of Windows is installed on the other computer.
Hope this helps
Posted on Dec 28, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2013 | Canon Pixma MG5220 InkJet Printer
Jun 01, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Nov 19, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
May 20, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 07, 2009 | Canon imagePROGRAF IPF710 Printer
Jan 12, 2009 | Printers & Copiers
May 30, 2008 | Canon BJC 250 InkJet Printer
May 09, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 23, 2007 | Canon imageCLASS MF5550 All-In-One Laser...
145 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!