An expert who has written 2 tips or uploaded 1 video tip.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Kenmore Upright Freezer Model 253-9280810
Is it possible the door has not been closed at some point?
If so they can build up with ice in the evaporator which the defrost system cannot handle....Try a manual defrost.
Depending on where the unit is installed high ambient temperature can drop the internal temp enough to set the alarm off though they will still freeze sufficiently
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I understand that the temperature alarm is going off, on your Frigidaire freezer, model# GLFC2528FW4. To deactivate the alarm, you will press the "Alarm Off" button. If the alarm continues to go off, make sure that everything is staying frozen inside of your freezer. I ask that you please follow up with a comment on the post, at your convenience, to advise if further troubleshooting is needed or if your appliances status has changed successfully. Hope this is helpful.
Hi Clair, thank you for allowing me to assist you.
When the refrigerator is
beeping or buzzing, it may be a warning sign of a possible malfunction or an
unsafe, interior temperature. To silence the buzzer, you can depress the ALARM
OFF button. However, if you have already done this, try unplugging the unit or
flipping the household circuit breaker for about ten minutes.
If the alarm continues, it could possibly be experiencing a
communication problem with the temperature control/board or wiring failure. I
would recommend connecting with a professional appliance tech for a clear-cut
Red Alarm Indicator Light
Under normal operating conditions, the internal temperature of the freezer will ensure the long-term conservation of the stored food. When such temperature rises above a certain level (-12 °C), the appliance will trigger an acoustic and light alarm. The light alarm is a blink red light (Red Alarm Indicator Light), while the acoustic alarm is an intermittent sound.
You can stop the acoustic alarm by pressing the Acoustic Signal Stop Switch once.
When switching on the freezer for the first time, the Red Alarm Indicator Light will blink until the internal temperature has reached a level required for the safe conservation of frozen food.
Fast Freeze function
If more than 3-4 kg of food is to be frozen:
1. Press the Fast Freeze Switch for 2-3 seconds to activate the fast-freeze function 6-24 hours before placing the fresh food in the freezer, the Yellow Fast Freeze Indicator Light will illuminate. The compressor will now run continuously, to ensure that the fresh food is frozen as quickly as possible.
2. It is possible to deactivate the function at any time by pressing the Fast Freeze Switch for 2-3 seconds.
3. Place the foods in the freezing compartments (indicated with graphics).
4. Once the food is completely frozen (it may take up to 24 hours) you can manually switch off the fastfreeze function by pressing the Fast Freeze Switch for 2- 3 seconds and the Yellow Fast Freeze Indicator light will also go out.
5. Move frozen food from the freezing compartments into the other compartments (storing compartments) to make room for another freezing.
If the Fast Freeze Switch is accidentally left on, the fast-freeze function will be automatically switched off 48 hours later. The Yellow Fast Freeze Indicator light will also go out.
I believe that you all understand. If you intend to freeze larger amount of food then certainly a few hours before some shopping switch on the fast freeze function.
HIGH-TEMP ALARM SWITCH (SOME MODELS)
An audible alarm will sound if the freezer temperature reaches
unsafe levels. The alarm operates on household electricity.If
the power fails, the alarm will not perform.
An ON/OFF switch allows the high temperature alarm to be
deactivated if desired. NOTE: You must open the freezer door to
view the alarm switch. The freezer is shipped with the switch in
the OFF position.After the freezer has run longenough to
lower the temperature, you may set the switch to the ON
• To activate the alarm, set the switch to the ON position.
• To deactivate the alarm, set the switch to the OFF position
i got this from the freezer manual from Kenmore hope this was helpful
Use a freezer thermometer and tell me the actual temperature. Or at least store some ice cream and see if it stays brick hard. Unless I have some idea of the actual temp I can't tell if defective freezer or alarm