Start with the printer OFF:
1. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
2. release RESUME
3. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
4. Let green light blink until printer is done futzing
Select function with RESUME press POWER to execute:
presses - light color - function
0 - green - Pressing power button will turn off printer
1 - orange - Service Test Print
2 - green - EEPROM Information Print
3 - orange - Initialize EEprom data
4 - green - Reset Waste ink Counter
5 - orange - Mode to set Destination code
(1: Overseas, 2: Domestic)
6 - green - Refresh printhead (cleaning mode)
I assume the printhead is cleaning and you need to wait for it to finish cleaning. That could take over a minute and a half; I don't know what that delay is for your printer.
If that is not the issue, you may have to reset the printer. This may be possible as follows:
- Hold down HELP + OK button and unplug printer (could experiment with regular power-off, but I opted for brute force)
- Hold down HELP + OK button again as you plug the printer back in. Then power it on, if it doesn't power on automatically. Be Safe: keep holding the buttons until the printer turns itself off. (It took mine less than a minute.)
- Release the buttons and simply power it back on. (If you unplug it without powering it down, you may get an improper shutdown error message. If so, click OK on the printer.)
If you are looking at a blank computer screen after all of this, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.
If this does not fix the problem, you better look into troubleshooting on the manufacturer's site for help for your particular printer.