I have an ipod 20GB with a click wheel. I have the latest itunes and don't have the itunes that came with my ipod any longer. I am unable to sync any music that i have on my ipod to the itunes as it won't transfer anything from the pod to the itunes. Instead it will try to transfer stuff from the itunes library to the ipod and i don't want that to happen as it says that it will erase everything from the ipod and replace it with what little i have in my library on the newly downloaded itunes!!
If you still have all that music on your computer then just update itunes first then update the I-pod. if you don't you are going to have to use an after market program to pull the music from the iPod to your computer first then add it to itunes. This happens when the original library is lost in itunes or when you install a fresh copy of itunes on your computer.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It can only hold songs unless it is an ipod photo... It needs to be hooked up to your computer and installed through itunes... after that just sync it and then choose the photos to sync with it along with the music.
u need a new 20gb...is ur ipod full with song? not working correctly? my suggestion is this (if you are willing) plug the ipod to pc....itunes will pop up...(make sure all video,photos and music is saved in itunes by syncing it).now x out of itunes...go to my computer open the ipod drive and copy software and hidden software to your pc (do not rename any part of this)....software is copied, format the ipod drive (yes you wish to erase it)...format is complete...now copy the software back on to ipod from pc.......go to start or click on itunes icon to open itunes....if ipod not found in 30-45 seconds disconnect the ipod for 10 sec and plug it back to pc..add your photos/video/music back to ipod...its working like brand new
Here are my directions: (I have the latest iTunes update)
1. Connect iPod to PC
2. Open iTunes
3. Click on icon of Nano
4. Click on Photos Tab
5. Deselect the box that says "Sync Photos from"
6. iTunes will then ask you if you no longer want to sync - tell it yes
7. iTunes will then ask you if you want to delete existing photos from your iPod - click on the box to delete all photos
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Here are Apple's Directions:
To delete photos from iPod nano:
1 Open iTunes, select iPod nano in the Source pane, and then click the Photos tab.
2 Select “Sync photos from:”
A On a Mac, choose iPhoto from the pop-up menu.
A On a Windows PC, choose Photoshop Album or Photoshop Elements from the
3 Choose “Selected albums” and deselect the albums or collections you no longer want
on iPod nano.
4 Click Apply.
do you listen to ipod daily or weekly? if yes your ipod is just fine....your computer may be asking you to run virus/malware scan too....delete old files or games that you really have not use in awhile....then download the newest version of itunes....connect ipod to pc (itunes should be showing it)...now on itunes check ipod for the latest in diagnostic / and update it......
Note: Because Restore erases all of the songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up any files you've saved on the iPod disk. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be loaded back to your iPod provided that you have them stored in your itunes Library.
How to restore your iPod: For Windows:
1. Make sure you've reinstalled the latest version of itunes.
2. Open itunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
3. After a few moments, it will appear in the source list in itunes.
4. Select your iPod in the source list and you will see information about it appear in the Summary tab of the main itunes windows.
5. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt itunes to automatically download of the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:
Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
6. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, itunes will instruct you to leave iPod connected to your computer to complete restore.
7. During the stage 2 of the restore process, the iPod will show an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage. Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
8. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the itunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.
to "manually update ipod" if it is set to autosync then all tunes in the library which are registered as being on the pod will automatically update. each time you connect the pod the itunes sw will update the pod from the library.
when the pod is connected and auto sync is active if you delete a tune from the lib it will update the pod and delete the same tune.