Question about Protron DVD & Blu-Ray Players
I have a Protron PHT-500X and I have no remote control for it. It would be nice to have, but i cant find one online. Or I suppose a code for a universal remote (mine is a Philips)
1. Manually turn on device to be controlled.
2. Press and hold the "Code Search" button until the red indicator light stays on, then release it.
3. Press and quickly release the desired ode button (TV, VCR, etc.). The red indicator light should blink once.
4. Press the "Channel Up" button repeatedly (up to 300 times) until the device to be controlled changes channel. The red indicator light should blink off with each button press. If you accidentally overshoot the required code, press the "Channel Down" button to backtrack through the library until the device changes channel. Pressing "Channel Up" changes direction again.
5. Press and release "Mute" button to install the code.
If you wish to actually identify the code once this has been done, this is the procedure:
1. Press and hold the "Code Search" button until the red indicator stays on. Release the "Code Search" button.
2. Press and release the desired mode button (TV, VCR, etc.). The red indicator light blinks and then stays on.
3. Press and release the "Code Search" button. The red indicator light goes off.
4. To find the first digit for the code stored under the mode key pressed in "Step 2" press each numeric key from 1-9 in turn. When the red indicator light blinks off, the number you pressed is the first digit for the code you are searching for.
5. To find the second digit, repeat "Step 4," this time when the red indicator light blinks off, this is the second digit in your number.
6. Repeat again for the third digit in your code number.
Posted on Aug 30, 2008
I work for Coby technical support. Our customer service phone number is 1-800-727-3592.
Traditionally, universal remotes do not work with COBY dvd players. The fact that you've found one that works at all is surprising. There isn't a true solution to your problem, however, because Philips created the coding for that remote without any input from COBY. The only thing you can try is a different COBY code if there is one in the code section of the book that came with your Philips remote.
While this solution doesn't "fix" your problem, I hope that by giving you the facts, I've enabled you to make an informed decision as to what to do next.
Please let me know if I can assist you further.
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 02, 2013 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
May 11, 2011 | Protron PD-DVR100 DVD Recorder
Dec 27, 2008 | DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Jul 27, 2008 | Protron PD-800 DVD Player
Apr 04, 2008 | Protron PD-DVR100 DVD Recorder
May 14, 2007 | Protron PD-800 DVD Player
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: