Light green and pink spots on my hd tv!!!
(Yes, this is a cross-post from another thread...I just wanted to help everyone on the various threads on this issue...please do not flame me)
Ok...once and for all I will explain the fix (in detail...which has been missing)...
1) Firmware updates do not fix this problem. I had this problem, and updated my firmware to the latest versons without success. Also, cleaning the light engine (or any other part) does not fix this problem. If you cleaned your TV and your problem disappeared, you had a different problem.)
2) This repair requies a special tool from Panasonic. The tool is part number LSUQ0100. It is light grey in color, and is roughly 7" x 5" x 1" in size. It has diagnostic lights on it, and a button to press to start the procedure. This tool is used to reprogram your EEPROM. Again, this is VERY different than flash upgrading your firmware.
3) To repair the TV, the repairman must remove the lower back of the unit and plug the long, 5-wire connector (5 individual wires terminated to one female connector end - reminds you a bit of an old-style CD-ROM audio cable used in computers) into a male recepticle on the light engine.
4) The procedure takes roughly 6-7 minutes to complete. The TV remains on during the procedure (yeah, I was a bit surprised too). About mid-way through the procedure, your colored ball-shaped blotches will just disappear....no on-screen progress bar, no bright flash, the spots just disappear in the blink of the eye.
5) CALL PANASONIC!!! They are standing behind these TVs, and are covering these in-home repairs free-of-charge - EVEN IF YOUR TV IS OUT OF WARRANTY. Mine was out of warranty by over a year. The Panasonic rep was very kind, but did explain that this is the only repair for these TVs that they will cover out of warranty, as it was a defect in the manufacture of the unit - all other repairs are at the expense of the customer.
Good luck to all - I hope this helps some of you!
Cheers to Panasonic for standing behind their products like this....you don't see that very much these days!
Sep 25, 2007 |
Panasonic PT-44LCX65 Television