When the TV is turned to the one position. The unit is sparking and smoke comes from the piece that looks like the transformer. It is black and stands 4 inches by 2 inches wide, if you are facing the back of the TV it is located on the left hand side.
My questions are:
(1) Can this part be replaced. If not can I replaced the board.
(2) Can this part be replaced by me?
(3) How can I get directions on removing this board.
(4) What will it take to perform this action.
note: I have used a soldering tool before and I'm not a stranger to a computer board.
This problem seems to be very common. Do a search on google and you will find all sorts of stories of smoke, sparks, flames and melted plastic with these televisions. I believe this common problem with large sparks and flames warrants a recall.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: Sparking on my D52GW12
This is called the flyback. if your technicaly inclined yes solder experence a must. this is and rca tv. you possible can find rca replacement parts. Recently i noticed a price reduction of this Board just depends on the exact model number. You will have to replace the Horizontal output transistor which ussally bad when this happen
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Good afternoon. It is more than likely that the little spark that comes from that clicking noise is not sparking. Here's a quick fix take a match or a lighter turn you're not on to where it clicks with a lit match it will light if your gas is coming out it will light. Leave it on just for about 30 seconds do it to both of your burners this should solve the problem. Usually after I wash my stove top off is when one or two of mine have done this to me . if it continues to happen however take a small piece of steel wool around that little ignitor tip ( they gather soot and grease at times) and just go across that for a few seconds each. Good luck I hope it helps I know it does on mine.
The following works better if done in "low light".
Put a cup of water or small bowl in the unit, close the door and turn the microwave on.
If there is anything that you can see in the cooking area, there should be sparking and it is coming from something metal, even a small piece of aluminum foil that was left behind. The thing causing the sparking needs to be removed.
If you hear the noise and it is coming from inside the area of the microwave that you cannot see then you can:
1 - Take it to a repair shop. 2 - Depending upon the cost for repair, consider buying a replacement.
If the noise is inside the machine DO NOT CONTINUE TO USE IT. Get it FIXED OR REPLACED for your own safety.
Unplug the unit and do not plug it back, I can almost picture someone doing this, watching the sparks and smoke and oh the lights dim--Be smart here===either replace it out of hand or take to a repair shop to see if worth fixing or not and do not attempt to turn it on again.
Leave the back off and try to power the set on...be ready to pull the plug. Whatever is sparking/smoking is your bad part. On this TV I would suspect the flyback transformer or grey rectangular polyester capacitor mounted in front of a heatsink on the left.
Sounds like the flyback is arching. i would suggest looking the flyback over for signs of arching. You may need to replace the flyback. If you need to know where to get a replacement let me know and I will post a link along with the correct part to order.
You need a new replacement flyback. They cost about 50 dollars at the following link , and they provide free tech support so you can do the repair yourself which takes about 30 minutes from start to finish and requires only basic soldering skills. Heres the link. http://servicemanuals.vstore.ca/
high voltage problem.... i like to call this set "value set" the set can be bought new for around 800 average repairs for this set run 300 to 500. you could have crt or other problems.... or it could be simple as a capcitor blown.. what does the part look like that is sparking..is it a big black thing with a red wire coming out..
This part is called the Focus Block and has 6 controls, 3 for focus and 3 for screen. The screen is the overall brightness of the CRT and the focus is the sharpness. The part can be ordered by description from any RCA parts distributor but the controls should be set by someone with experience.