PS3 is The amazing device by sony but it has some common problems like video problem but no sound problem etc.... Good news is that these all problems can be repaired with the help of DIY Guides, one such guide available at PS3 Repair Blog
Maybe your settings got buggered up...
first off, did you ever have video, then it quit?
did you try the cable that comes with the ps3 and then do a video reset? If not, try this
Try this: hook the ps3 to the tv with the ORIGIONAL video cable (the one with red and white audio, and yellow video).
Trun off ps3 with power switch on back. Turn switch back on. press and hold ps3 front power button for 5 to 8 seconds till system double beeps. This resets the video output to standard res. Turn on and see if you have a picture. If not, try another cable. (same cable as Ps2 for this test). If none of that works, you may have a broken PS3
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Assuming the power cord was securely plugged in, the PS3's action can result from one of the following: Faulty Power CordFaulty Power Supply UnitPossible shortage somewhere else on the unit cause it to immediately power off.
I would recommend contacting Sony customer service or to a local service repair shop if it's out of warranty. Unfortunately from the looks of the video there may not be an easy fix.
1. Before resetting cables, make sure PS3 is turned off using the main power switch on the back. 2. Unplug the power cord of the PS3 and TV from the wall socket. 3. Connect HDMI cable to HDMI Out on back of PS3 4. Connect HDMI cable to HDMI Input port of the TV 5. Plug the PS3 and TV back in to the wall socket 6. Turn the main power switch on the back of the PS3 on. 7. While the PS3 in standby mode(red light on) hold down the on/off button on front of system until the system goes into standby mode again. (So the light cycle would go red light-green light-then back to red. This will ensure you held down long enough to reset video output settings. 8. Turn on the PS3 and once the system finishes powering up, the video output settings will automatically reset.
There are many reasons to cause PS3 won't start up, keep turn off with red light. If you send back to Sony or other people to repair, it's just waste your time and money - because the same symptoms will be back again. The best way is learning the repair skills of yourself. There is aPS3 DIY Repair Guide - It's video and text guide that let you know how to open the console, make some minor fixes and recover it at last. The author show his professional repair skills that let you step by step to hands on the repair job. Don't worry your ability to do such things : You will be amazing at last that you can do that yourself. The repair guide cost you not much but helpful. The best part is you can help your friends too!
RLOD or dre light od eath is caused by the following problems
1.It might be caused by overheating
2. your hardrive is corrupted and needs to be replaced or reset into the system
3.the soldering on the motherboard needs to be reflowed this can be repaired at a local repair shop that specializes in PS3 gaming console
This can be caused by the unit overheating causing solder on the board to melt and bridge (connect). Once this happens, it shorts out the board causing the the error present now. Contact Sony to see if the unit is still under warranty
If the unit is not under warranty, go to www.wiredextreme.com. We are a console repair company based in Texas and we can get your console up and running again. All of our repairs come with a 90 day warranty that covers the entire console, not only our repairs. We also offer extended warranties up to 4 years at additional cost. If you have any other questions/concerns, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-888-389-3038.
The flashing red light indicates the PS3 is overheating. This could be caused by:
1. a short circuit in the Power Supply
2. You may need a new fan
3. the heatsinks may not be making proper contact with the motherboard chips.
If you don't want to deal with Sony we repair the red light error for $79 including shipping.
GATpro PS3 Repair
There are many reasons to cause PS3 power light show green, yellow and red then blinks. It's waste your time and money if you send to somewhere repair - because the same problems will be back after then. The best way is to learn the repair techniques of yourself. There is a PS3 DIY Repair Guide : The author use text and video to show you how to use your hands to open your console and do some maintenance and fixes, at last you are amazing that why you can do that yourself. The best part is you can help your friends too!
PS3 is The amazing device by sony but it has some common problems like
sound problem, video problem etc.... Good news is that these all
problems can be repaired with the help of DIY Guides, one such guide
available at PS3 Repair Blog