Question about BenQ PB6110 Multimedia Projector
If the lamp on any BenQ model is at it's life end there will be a on-screen prompt that will warn you about the hours.
I think in my 3 years of working on BenQ's , I've only had one problem like this that ended up in the lamp being the problem.
99.9% of the time it is either the Ballast ( lamp's powersupply ) or the lamp's blower fan.
Hope this is of help.
F.Y.I. The lamp can be reset by holding in the up arrow key for a couple of seconds until the on-screen display shows you step 2&3.
Posted on Mar 27, 2008
How old is the lamp? If old then at end of life and projector shuts down automatically to avoid damage. If new bulb reset lamp in OSD menu
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2015 | Mitsubishi Televison & Video
Apr 04, 2015 | Mitsubishi Televison & Video
Feb 17, 2014 | LG RU-44SZ61D 44" TV
Jun 30, 2011 | Panasonic PT-52LCX66 Projection Television
If the lamp usage time has passed 2 000 hours (when LAMP POWER has been set to NORMAL), the projector will switch to standby mode after approximately 10 minutes of operation. The resetting procedure should thus be completed within 10 minutes.
1. Insert the power cord plug into the wall outlet and then
press the MAIN POWER switch.
2. Press the POWER button so that a picture is projected onto
3. Press the MENU button to display the menu screen, and
then press the F or G button to select the OPTION menu.
4. Press the ENTER button, and then press the F or G button
to select LAMP RUNTIME.
5. Press and hold the ENTER button for approximately
3 seconds. The confirmation screen, "LAMP RUNTIME
RESET." is displayed and select OK.
6. Turn off the power.
This will reset the cumulative usage time for the lamp
unit to zero.
Mar 12, 2011 | Panasonic PT-AX100U-EC DLP Projector
You need to reset the LAMP RUNTIME counter
1. Press the MENU button to display the menu screen
2. Press the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to select the "OPTION" menu
3. Press the ENTER button and then press the UP and DOWN button to select the LAMP RUNTIME
4. Press and hold the ENTER button for approximately 3 seconds
5. The LAMP RUNTIME screen will be displayed.
(Note: press any button other than the Power button to cancel the LAMP RUNTIME screen)
6. Press the POWER button to turn off the power
7. After the POWER button on the projector illuminates red you restart the projector
and check the LAMP RUNTIME counter it should be "0"
Nov 24, 2010 | Panasonic PT L735U Multimedia Projector
Apr 25, 2010 | Toymax Magnavox 37MF331D 37 in. LCD TV
Sep 04, 2009 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-60XS955 60" Rear...
Jul 26, 2008 | Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Projection...
Jan 19, 2008 | BenQ PB6100 Multimedia Projector
Mar 11, 2014 | BenQ PB6110 Multimedia Projector
383 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!