Ok Tankaman lets start from the top.
(I can not see the pictures you posted).
One does not unscrew a processor. From your description,
(the guy) most likely unscrewed the processor's fan & blew it off.
The error messages you were getting & I have to guess at this.
Your PC could not find the boot device. Check your cmos.
So here's what I want you to do.
1. I need you to find the Name & Model number of the machine.
It will be marked on the case & within your manual. It’s better if you find it on the case. Check the front of the PC; check the back & both sides of the case.
2. I need to know about the beeps.
These beeps you are hearing. I need a better description.
(Ex: 1 long & 2 short beeps or like, 3 short beeps with a pause of 2 seconds than 3 short beeps again, & repeating.)
This will help a lot!
3. I'll need to know the operating system your running.
Like Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Media Edition?
While I'm waiting for you to post the needed information I'd like you to do this. (but only if you know what you’re doing.)
1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the PC.
2. Standing in front of the PC & looking at the front of the case, remove the left side panel from the PC. You may need to remove a couple screws from the back side to get the side panel off.
3. Find the section in your manual that describes installing your memory. Remove your memory. (if there is more than 1 memory module, remove only one at a time.) Than reseat the memory as shown in the manual. Do not force the memory it only goes in one way. (Check your manual). Be firm but not brutal.
Try not to touch the copper colored metal with your fingers.
4. Do the same with your video card. Remove & than reseat.
5. While the PC case is opened look at the board. You should be able to see the name of the board. It will be marked in white lettering. (Ex: Asus P4GE-MX v.1.0)
6. Re-connect the side panel to the case.
7. Plug the power cord back into the power supply.
8. Turn on the PC & listen for closely for beeps.
Post all this information back here Tankaman.
Mar 16, 2008 |