Hi I have an USB driver Impact and i have a Dell Inpsiron 3500 windows 98 laptop and i would like to install it but seen to cannot get installed. Could you please help me so that I can do my school work.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Mostly Huawei modem has a build in auto-installer.,might your usb,ethernet driver ect. on your pc is not properly installed on your pc. Try to update your drivers provided the CD on your laptop to be to recognized all of the devices you plug-in to your computer.
Go to http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php and read it carefully. Download the correct version of nusb and follow the installation instuctions to the letter! Be prepared to spend a little time identifying any software in your Add/remove list that you don't recognize - don't guess - and remove USB devices from Safe Mode, to be certain you don't miss any. If your mobo is USB 2.0 capable, you should now have it; if it's not, at least you'll have a generic USB 1.1 facility. You should not need to remove viewer or album software, just the USB drivers and devices, but if you're of a nervous disposition, backup your system before you start!
Just follow the following steps:
1) Locate the USB port of your Nokia N72 phone. See Manual if needed.
2) If your mobile phone has a USB Data Cable supplied, connect the end that matches the hub while connect the USB end to your USB port of your PC.
3) If your mobile phone has a CD supplied, this contain the PCSuite software bundled with drivers for your PC operating system.
4) Insert the CD to your CDRom drive.
5) After step 4, you will see a window saying install PCSuite then choose Yes.
6) Choose which operating system. If you use Windows 98, then choose the driver for Windows 98.
7) After installation, reboot/restart tour PC to complete the setup process but never disconnect yet your USB Cables from your mobile phone to PC.
8) Once restarted click on the icon of the PCSuite on your PC, then check if your PC can communicate with your mobile phone and vice versa. To do this click connect via USB if the datas in your mobile phone is seen then connection is correct.
If your problem is USB Driver for Windows 98, i suggest you upgrade your PC operating system to Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Old operating platforms have driver problems when new devices are attached to. But if you choose Windows 98, you will have to browse the internet in search of drivers. Just let me know if you have not found a driver. I'll assist you with this.