Please follow the steps below to resolve your sync issues which applies to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you make changes during any of the steps below, try syncing again with MobileMe on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- If you are syncing calendars or contacts, view the data on MobileMe Calendar or MobileMe Contacts. If the data does not appear to be correct there, the issue is not with your device. If you are syncing using a Mac, see this article for more information. If you are syncing using a PC, see this article for more information.
sure your device is up to date with the latest software. To make sure
your device is up to date, connect it to your computer, open iTunes, and
click "Check for Update."
- On your device, make sure you are able to connect to the Internet. For example, open Safari on your device, then browse to http://www.apple.com . MobileMe requires an Internet connection to sync. (A 3G or WiFi connection is recommended during setup or when following many of the steps below; they may require several minutes via an EDGE connection.)
that a sync is not already occurring. If a sync is occurring, the
activity spinner (in the status bar) will display while looking at
Safari Bookmarks (if Bookmarks are currently syncing), Calendar (if
calendars are currently syncing), or Contacts (if contacts are currently
syncing). If a sync is occurring, wait for the sync to complete, and
then see if your data is up-to-date.
- Make sure you are
looking at your full set of contacts or calendars. When configuring
your MobileMe account in iOS 3.1 and later, you will have a choice to
Merge or Don’t Merge your data. If you choose Don’t Merge, your
MobileMe data is kept separate from the data that was already on your
device. In Contacts/Calendars, tap the button in the upper left corner
until you are able to see all Groups or Calendars, and verify that you
are looking at your MobileMe data.
- Confirm that you are
able to get your MobileMe Mail on your device. If you receive an alert
message when attempting to get your MobileMe Mail, your account may not
be configured correctly, or you may not have a reliable internet
connection. If the alert message is about your username or password
being incorrect, go to the next step.
- Verify your MobileMe account is configured correctly on your device:
- On the home screen, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Fetch New Data, and make sure Push is turned On. Tap Mail... to go back one screen.
- Tap your MobileMe account.
- Tap Account Info and check the Address field.
- Verify that your address appears correct (it should appear as your MobileMe email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
If your account does not appear as expected, see the “Delete and re-add
your MobileMe account” under the Advanced Troubleshooting section
- If you received an alert about your username or
password during step 6, delete and re-enter your MobileMe password, and
then check your Mail again. If your still receive the same message, try
logging into www.me.com. If you are unable to log in, see this article.
your account does appear to be entered correctly, go back one screen
and confirm the sliders for the data that you want to sync are set to
- Verify that your device is connected to the MobileMe service. To confirm this, visit http://www.me.com/find
from a computer. Because Find my iPhone relies on the same connection
as MobileMe Sync, your device should be listed as "Online" for as long
as it has an active Internet connection. If the device does not appear
as expected, please see this article about troubleshooting Find My iPhone.
your device: Hold the power button until "slide to power off" appears.
Slide to power off. After it is off, press the power button to turn it
- Wait an hour and try again. Apple may
temporarily disable an account from syncing with MobileMe if it is
determined that an account may be taking longer than normal to sync. By
waiting an hour and trying again, this allows for the previous sync to
complete. If you find your account encounters the issue again, go to
the Advance troubleshooting section.
the above steps do not resolve your issue on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
touch, you can try these advanced troubleshooting steps: Turn all syncing off and then back on
the home screen, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and then
tap your MobileMe account. Tap the sliders off for each account that
your are syncing. If prompted to do so, tap "Keep on My iPhone" (or
iPad/iPod touch). Turn your device off and back on, then re-enable
syncing. If prompted to do so, choose Merge with MobileMe. Wait a few
minutes, and try syncing again. Isolate the issue to a specific data type
the above did not resolve the issue, once again turn off all syncing,
and then test each data type one at a time. For example, if Contacts
syncs successfully, but Calendars does not, focus your troubleshooting
If you have isolated the issue to either Contacts
or Calendars that are not syncing successfully (one works, the other
does not), see this article
recommendations about how to clean up that data on your Mac or PC, as it is likely causing the issue. Delete and re-add your MobileMe account
none of the above steps resolve the issue, make sure you have a copy of
all Contact, Calendar, and Bookmark data on your device saved on your
Mac/PC. From the home screen, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts,
Calendars, and then tap your MobileMe account. Tap Delete Account. (If
prompted to do so, choose "Delete from My iPhone" (or iPad/iPod touch).
Restart your device. After it restarts, on the Mail, Contacts, and
Calendars screen, tap Add Account > MobileMe, and set up your account