What you need to do is maybe what i did.........some computers are not compatible with this device......neither one of mine are. what i did was went to the manufacturers fsight and downloaded the driver..... you can also get a cd with the device.......try that
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
MP3 players can only play music files in mp3 file format.
You need to convert your CDs to mp3 music files onto yourcomputer or download them from the Internet and then copy them to your MP3player. You can do this using Windows Media player and Rip the CDs - Media Player willcreate a MP3 music file for each music track. Click on this link for instruction on converting music files to mp3 file format:- http://www.fixya.com/support/r5798418-creating_transferring_mp3_music_files
You will need a USB cable that came with the device. First load the songs you want into a folder on your Computer (PC ) . Then connect the Curtis to the PC using the cable. Right click on the song folder and select copy. Then go to My computer and right click on the Curtis tab and select paste. The song folder will be transferred to the Curtis.
I'm assuming you have windows media player. If so, connect your mp3 player, go into the "Sync" tab of the list up near the top, and drag them into the sync list and start. Another method is the drag & drop: Select files from your computer, and move them/ copy them onto your mp3 player by opening the folder for it,
Replacement USB cable for MPS1015 can be purchased for $7.00
from Curtis International Ltd. Please mail a certified check or money order
(payable to Curtis International Ltd) to 315 Attwell Drive, Etobicoke,
Ontario M9W 5C1,
ATTN: Customer Service Department. Make sure to include your name, complete
mailing address, phone number with area code, model number of the unit and part
go to curtisint.com (their website) and upgrade the firmware as it is jacked / their problem..... check under the frequently asked questions section and note that the new drivers are included in the download also
I had the same problems you described and kind of stumbled my way through a solution. Hope this helps:
First you need either the driver cd or down load the drivers from the curtis website. Btw, there is also a pdf'd version of the procedures.doc that they are referring to (I too could not find after downloading the zip file wth the firmware update).
1. Hold down the on button on your MP3 player, and plug the player into your PC (via USB cable). Keep holding the on button until the found new hardware wizard comes up. (you can let go after that)
2. Check "Install from a list of specific location", click next.
3. Check "Include this location in search" and point to location of your driver files (either CD or folder that you saved them in). You only need to navigate to the "Driver" folder, and it should do the rest. Complete the rest of the New Hardware Wizard.
Here is where the document differs from my experience.
4. You will be prompted to restart your PC.
At this point it was all trial and error and I had to perform the first step again to get the MP3 player to re-connect to my pc.
5. Unplug player, hold start button down, plug back into PC.
6. Locate the firmware upgrade folder that you downloaded from the Curtis website. In this zip file, there is an app folder, open. In the app folder ther is an .exe file named "stupdaterapp.exe, double click on this .exe file.
7. The updater should pop up (Sigma Tel MSCN Firmware Download dialog box).
8. Check the "Format Data Area" box and click yes to the warning message that pops up.
It should start checking your mp3 player's firmware to compare to the updated version. If at any time the box under the format data area box says "Please connect device", unplug mp3 player and try plugging in again while holding the power button.
If the start button at the bottom of the box is NOT greyed out, then you are in good shape.
9. Click start and ensure that the MP3 player is not unplugged during this process.