I got my sidekick id yesterday for xmas and it took 7 hours to activate. typical. and it worked fine, despite it was picky over who i txted. and now today i cant call or txt or do anything. if i try to call, it makes a noise and goes to where it says "recent list" and "look up contacts". i know how to work the phone. help please?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Since you took your SIM and put it in her phone it probably needs time to sync with T-mobile server. If your plan does not include data, it may be unable to connect to do this. I would suggest calling T-Mobile and asking them to send an update to the phone. I know when I first got my Sidekick 08 it took a few hours for MyFaves to show up even after it was activated, working and connected to the network. You didn't mention how long ago you made this switch. The best thing is just let it rest a few hours, make sure it has good signal and network connection. It should come along. (Did you have MyFaves on your previous phone?)
1) Insert the Cingular SIM card into the back of the T-Mobile Sidekick ID (it should be located behind the battery).
2) Turn on the Sidekick ID, wait for the screens to load.
3) When the screen says "Waiting for Activation", hold the top left button (the "Menu" button with the three lines) on the Sidekick ID and hold the letter "L" on the QWERTY pad at the same time. After a few seconds, let go of the buttons.
4) If Step 3 is done correctly, the Sidekick should be directed to the jumpscreen and display all of the Menu's of the Sidekick ID.
It's very important to remember that you will only be able to use the SMS features of the Sidekick. Meaning, that you will not be able to use the internet, email, AIM/MSN/Yahoo messengers, or any of the data features. You will only be able to use the phone to call or text.
my service provider said that is because it is waiting to be linked to the internet... in order to use it as a phone until then.... press and hold down L and the menu button for three seconds...and it will unlock the phone aspect but you still have to wait the time period for internet use...