Question about Brother MFC 6800 All-In-One Laser Printer
I recently changed tonner cartridge and this is when the problem began. The printed pages have blank vertical lines. Started with only two blank lines, one an inch in from the left margine about a 1/4 inch thick and the second and inch in from the right margin about a 1/2 inch thick. Tried cleaning some loose tonner sitting inside the printer I am now getting numerous blank lines and various widths across the printed page. Any assistance is appreciated.
To clear white vertical lines from printed documents follow the steps listed below:
NOTE: The use of non-Brother or generic toner may cause white vertical lines.
Brother strongly recommends that customers do not use generic drum units and/or toner cartridges, or refill their Brother toner cartridge. Each Brother laser printer is designed to work at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed to work with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brother supplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability.
The Brotherlimited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the useof unauthorized third party drum units, toner cartridges or toner.
1. First, power OFF the unit for safety. The ON/OFF switch is located on the left, rear side of the unit.
2. Open the scanner cover by pulling the blue lever located below the control panel toward you and lifting the cover. Make sure the cover is completely open.
3. Remove the drum unit by holding each side of the drum by its handles and gently lifting the drum forward (toward) you.
4. Place the drum unit on a drop cloth or large piece of disposablepaper to avoid spilling and scattering the toner. Make sure thedirections and DR-250 stickers are facing you.
5. With the drum removed from the Brother machine, clean the laser glass. The laser glass is located inside the Brother machine where the drum was located. It is a piece of glass, about 1/2 inch wide and approximately 8 inches long, located on the bottom of the inside. Gently wipe the glass with a clean soft DRY cloth. DO NOT use isopropyl alcoholor any liquid to clean the glass.
6. Gently pull up on the mauve lever to turn the toner cartridge toward you until it stops. Remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit by gently sliding it out of the drum unit. ***Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, immediately wipe it off or wash it with cold water.
7. Gently rock the toner cartridge from side to side five or six times to distribute the toner evenly inside the cartridge. Then, reset the toner into the drum (be sure it clicks into place). Gently push on the mauve lever to turn the toner cartridge away from you until it stops.
8. With the DR-250 sticker facing you turn the drum upside down. There is a blue tab located on the right side. Slide the blue tab back and forth seven times to clean the corona wire. When finished, make sure the blue tab is locked to the right side of the drum.
9. Reset drum unit in Brother machine. Close the cover securely.
Print the help list to test the unit by pressing the REPORTS key located on the control panel and then (1) on the dial pad.
If the white vertical lines still continue, the drum unit will need to
If the purchase date of the original drum or replacement drum is less than 90 days (within the warranty of the drum), contact Brother Customer Service Center at 1-877-Brother (1-877-276-8437) . The center is open Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 7:00 pm EST, excluding holidays.
Posted on Dec 27, 2007
Your scanner glass under the print drum likely needs cleaning, go here for instructions
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 25, 2012 | Canon LBP 1120 Laser Printer
Nov 05, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4700 Printer
Feb 01, 2009 | Lexmark X7170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 23, 2008 | Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer
Nov 20, 2008 | Epson Stylus C46 InkJet Printer
Sep 07, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 4215 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 12, 2008 | Samsung ML 1710 Laser Printer
Dec 12, 2007 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
481 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!