1.) you would hold down two buttons, 2.) One would be on your controller (on the top with a little button on top). 3.) The one would be in front of you Xbox360 console (right next to your second memory slot). 3.) Make sure that they are both on. 4.) Hold them both down at the same time. 5.) And then whenever you see the controller stay on one of the number slots (stable controller) then your done!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
How to Configure an Xbox Controller
Configure you Xbox controller.
The Xbox 360 utilizes two
types of controllers: wired and wireless. Like most operations on a
video game console, configuring a controller requires little effort. You
can either plug the controller into a port on the Xbox 360, or sync a
wireless controller using the console's built-in controls.
Connect the controller's cable
to the in-line release cord. This cord prevents you from accidentally
pulling the Xbox 360 along with your controller during game play.
Insert the in-line release cord's USB plug into the USB port on the front of the console.
Turn on the console to activate the controller automatically.
Insert batteries in your wireless controller, if necessary.
Hold down the "Guide" button on the controller.
Push the Xbox 360's "Connect" button, located on the front of the console.
Push the controller's "Connect" button to sync it with the Xbox 360.
Hello my name is Tim Ehrhart, If the reciever is not lighting up then it is dead, you can try to take it to walmart and exchange it for a working one, they are usualy good at swapping out and if they give you a hard time buy a new one and return it with the old reciever instead of the new one. I hope this helps you.
it sounds like your controller keeps losing sync with the 360.
- turn them both off
- turn on the 360 with the power button on the console
- wait for it to start up, then press the sync button next to the usb flap on front.
- then press the sync button on the controller (by the recharge connection slot)
There are Four Steps.
1. Turn on System
2. Turn on Controller
3. Press and Hold the connect button on the controller (located between the RB and LB buttons)
4. While holding the connect button on controller, press and hold connect button on xbox 360 for about five seconds then let go. (button located to the right of the memory card slot.