reinstall the firmware, following the next steps:
Download the firmware from Memorex site (www.memorex.com
) but use the firmware for MMP8620 NOT the one for MMP8640, otherwise you will finish with your player starting with a blank screen.
FIRMWARE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS FOR MMP8640.
1. Make sure the unit is powered off.
2. Plug one end of the USB cable into the USB port on your PC.
3. Click on the start button on the lower left hand corner on you PC.
4. Highlight Programs, on the drop down page highlight Memorex Aptitude Digital Audio Player.
5. On the drop down window click on “Memorex Aptitude Firmware Download”.
6. Memorex Aptitude Firmware Download Window will open with a notice “PLEASE CONNECT
7. Press and hold down the MENU button on the MP3 player at the same time connect the other end of the
USB cable to the USB port on the player.
8. Firmware Download Window will begin initializing.
9. Keep holding down the MENU button on the player until the Firmware Download Window displays
10. Release your finger from the MENU button.
11. In the Firmware Download Window, put a check mark beside Format Data Area.
12. Click on the START button in the Memorex Aptitude Download window.
13. Wait until the screen says “firmware download complete”.
14. Click on the CLOSE button.
15. Disconnect the USB cable from the player. The player will turn on by itself. If the player doesn’t turn
on automatically, press the power button.
Please note if an ERROR message appears on the display of the player when the player powers on, you
need to repeat steps 1 - 15.
WARNING: DO NOT INTERUPT FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD PROCEDURE
Hope it helps, I solve the problem just like this.