Question about Cambridge Soundworks CD-740 Clock Radio
I just had the same problem and called tech support (800) FOR HIFI at Cambridge Soundworks for help. All you have to do is unplug the radio for 30 minutes and then reconnect - kind of like rebooting a computer.
Posted on Feb 29, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 24, 2015 | Sony SY-ICF-C414 Clock Radio
Dec 09, 2014 | Westclox 70026A LCD Atomic Digital Alarm...
Dec 06, 2013 | Timex T309TT Clock Radio
Nov 26, 2011 | Timex T309TT Clock Radio
Nov 17, 2011 | Oregon Scientific RM826 Exactset Travel...
Auto-Set Time and Date Settings
This model is equipped with the Auto-Set feature, meaning that the time and date have been programmed at the factory
and will already be set when you first plug the model in. Auto-Set will automatically adjust the time and date settings for
daylight-saving time and leap years. Auto-Set is programmed for Eastern Standard Time; if you do not live in this time zone,
you can easily switch the setting to one of six other time zones.
1. To change your time zone setting, press and hold the 8 Time Zone Button. The current Auto-Set Time Zone in the
lower-right-hand corner of the display will flash for approximately ten seconds, after which the display will revert to the
standard clock display.
2. While the Auto-Set Time Zone is flashing, press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to select your time zone.
The display will show each zone's current time setting. There are seven zones to choose from:
Auto-Set Time Zones
Z-01 Atlantic Standard Time
Z-02 Eastern Standard Time
Z-03 Central Standard Time
Z-04 Mountain Standard Time
Z-05 Pacific Standard Time
Z-06 Alaskan Standard Time
Z-07 Hawaiian Standard Time
3. Find your time zone, then press the 4 Enter Button or wait about ten seconds for the clock to beep twice and the
setting to lock into place.
Manual Time and Date Settings
1. To change your time setting, press and hold the J Time Set Button so that the clock display begins flashing.
2. While the display flashes, press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to set the time. Hold a button for a few
seconds to set the time rapidly. Be sure to set the correct AM/PM time, shown by the PM Indicator.
3. After setting the time, press the 4 Enter Button or wait about ten seconds for the clock to beep twice and the setting
to lock into place.
4. To change the calendar, press and hold the 9 Date/7-5-2 Button until the display shows the flashing year.
5. Press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to set the current year. When you have selected the year, press the
4 Enter Button, then use the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to set the month/day.
6. After you have set the date, press the 4 Enter Button or wait for the display to beep twice and lock into place.
Mar 15, 2011 | Timex (T307S) Clock Radio
Dec 25, 2010 | Sharper Image SI686 Clock Radio
Apr 17, 2009 | Zenith Z230S Clock Radio
Mar 20, 2009 | Clock Radios
Oct 22, 2007 | Emerson SmartSet CKS1850 Clock Radio
Mar 20, 2014 | Cambridge Soundworks CD-740 Clock Radio
1,053 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!