Question about SanDisk Sansa MP3 Player
Hi. I have a Sansa Express 2GB with a 2GB Kingston Micro SD card.
I think the bug I encountered is quite rare, but serious. I found only a few posts about it in the web, but none with a working solution.
Descripiton of the problem:
When I try to play songs by going Music->Artists->[artist], very often (I'd say 2/3 of my songs) I get a "No song" message. When I go through Music->Play all, all the songs are played correctly.
Also, it's impossible to play the songs in Winamp directly from the player, and Winamp crashes instantly after plugging the player in, and won't open as long as it's connected. Though I don't know if any the problems are connected. Of course the one with the "No song" message is the only serious one.
What I've tried:
- I've tried (of course) formatting the player, both using itself and using windows.
- I've tried resetting the settings.
- I've tried messing with ID3 tags, removing them, adding, trying only with a 1.1 tag, only with a 2.x tag. When compared to a different file that plays correctly no apparent differences in tagging can be found.
- I've tried moving the file, and a strange thing happens. Randomly the file after being moved (like from the Music folder up to the main catalogue or to a new folder) behaves normally or shows the "No song" message. I've tried having two files on the player and moving them around folders (including the SD card), and their behaviour concerning the bug is completely random.
- The firmware is up to date, but I don't know if the bug occured before updating it - it was the first thing I did after getting it yesterday.
- I've tried removing the SD card, formatting the internal memory and putting some songs in - same thing happens.
This bug really kills much of the player's funcionality (can't browse artists). Please help!
Are these MP3s VBR or fixed speed? -- And does this problem also happen with WMA's? I guess I would try different speed (128/160 BPS) type MP3 and also WMA. I would venture the problem is PROBABLY in the mp3 files. (Mostly because Winamp can't seem to play them either.)
Posted on Jan 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 17, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa c240 MP3 Player
Dec 22, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa MP3 Player
Aug 27, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa Fuze MP3 Player
Mar 05, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Mar 01, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa MP3 Player
Feb 09, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e200 MP3 Player
Jan 16, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Nov 22, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Nov 13, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Nov 12, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: