Question about Innovage Personal CD Player
Hi: Merry Christmas
I got a Innovage photo keychain and can't get my computer to read from the installation disk.
Try this. it worked for me. found it on amazon.com:
16 of 16 people found the following review helpful: Not bad, once you figure it out, December 4, 2007 By zorra007 (Las Vegas, NV USA) - See all my reviewsI decided to review this because I had a hard time figuring out how to use this, and I basically pieced it together based on other reviews. Consider this a "how to" for those PC owners who are frustrated and don't want to take it back:
1) Go to mscustomercare.com, click on "Innovage Digital Photo Keychain," then download the "Photo Viewer Install." Try to save the .zip file to your desktop for easy finding/access.
2) Once it is downloaded, open the .zip file, click on "photo viewer" folder, then click "setup." Let the program run. It will put an icon on your desktop called "Photoviewer." Don't bother clicking on that right now.
3) Plug in the USB cord, then plug in the device. A blue screen will pop up on the device. (If it doesn't, then click the power button first). Choose the "USB Charge" option. Allow the device to charge for at least an hour. [The booklet says to let it charge up to 7 hours first, but I found that this isn't necessary].
4) After an hour (or longer), click the power button on the device. Another blue screen will pop up, along with some options. At this point, you can program the date and time.
5) Next, unplug the USB from the device, then from the computer. Then re-plug in the USB cord into your computer, and then into the device. Then turn on the device. Choose the "USB Update" option. At this point, your computer should automatically detect the device as storage hardware, and will automatically configure itself. (I have Windows XP, btw.)
6) After the computer finishes configuring itself, you will be able to open the Photoviewer program. (As you probably know, most people say that trying to open the program before doing this will result in a "no program detected, will terminate" or similar message.) Anyway, if all goes well--which it should--the program will open and you can then upload your pictures onto the device. It's really quite easy and self-explanatory.
7) A good rule of thumb is to save all of your pictures in a folder, in the order you want them to be on the device. Perhaps even better would be to resize or photoshop them before hand for maximum viewing quality. For example, the pictures I have that are close-up headshots look really great and fit nicely/clearly, while the ones I have of lots of people are not so clear. In fact, you can barely see some people's faces.
8) Once you are done cropping and adding your pictures, hit "synchronize" and it will put them on the device. Once it finishes, it will tell you. Just close the program then, and safely remove the hardware from your computer (click on the icon on your computer tray). Once you safely remove it, I prefer to just plug it in again, and choose "USB Charge," until the battery is fully charged and the light is green.
So, with some planning and patience, this device can work out pretty well. It took some time to figure this out, but I am happy to pass it on, as knowing this would have saved me some serious time. I am quite happy with it, and will be sending it to my cousin who is serving in the Marines in Iraq. :)
Posted on Dec 27, 2007
It is still not updating or opening the program. I followed the instructions and even set the date and time. It autimatically comes on when plugged in and just stays in the updating mode for hours. My computer is not configuring itself.
Posted on Mar 13, 2008
I just found this solution - much more than I could find on their website - and have followed the directions down to #3 - so far so good. Thanks for taking the time to work this out. We got two of these things for Christmas and it was bugging me that nothing worked. I called the support # on the package and learned they do not support the thing - call another # Mon-Fri during business hours. I just figured it was a waste of time. Hopefully the rest of the instructions work as well. Jim85044
Posted on Dec 31, 2007
Yeah i have done the same thing! i even tried other photo key chain softwares, but nothing works!! i want to take this thing back!! but i destroyed my package also
Posted on Dec 27, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2009 | Innovage Shift3 MP3 Player
Dec 28, 2008 | Symantec WinFax Pro for PC
Dec 08, 2007 | Cameras
Nov 23, 2007 | Alera Technologies Digital Photo Copy...
Sep 30, 2007 | Cameras
338 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: