Question about Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Cant watch certain movies cant figure out the code to override parental control bought system used
This is the only way to turn "off" parental control lock on the custom setup screen.
1) turn off ps2 with no dvd in drive.
2) turn on ps2 and insert dvd in drive.
3) when it asks about parental password, choose 'yes'.
4) when prompted for password, press 'select'.
5) the prompt will change and say 'delete password'. enter '7444'.
6) enter a new password (0000 works).
7) registration complete, dvd will start playing.
8) once the movie starts, press 'select'.
9) click the 'stop' icon.
10) click the 'stop' icon again (the icon must be gray even when you have it highlighted).
11) navigate to 'custom setup' ('select', setup icon, custom setup icon)
12) move to parental control option, press right directional button, enter password (0000).
13) move down to 'level'.
14) move up to desired level (off is at the top).
15) click 'x'.
16) go back to 'select' menu options, and press 'play'.
17) while movie is playing, eject disk and remove dvd.
18) turn ps2 off using switch on the back, keep off for five seconds.
19) turn on ps2, put dvd back in.
20) happy dance. ;)
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
universal reset password, 7444, can be entered via the DVD on-screen
menu, under SETUP and then under CUSTOM SETUP (an icon shaped like a
You can choose an option to delete and reset the existing password, but remember to use the SELECT button, not the X button.
To delete the current Parental Control Password and enter a new code use the following:
1) Turn on / restart the PlayStation and run a DVD.
2) You may now be asked if you want to temporarily change the parental lock to level 7. Keep selecting yes until it asks you to enter the parental password.
3) When asked for the parental lock password, push the SELECT button on your controller.
4) At this point it you will be asked if you wish to delete the password. Select Yes
5) You will now be asked to enter a 4-digit code. Enter 7444.
6) Now change your password e.g.1111
7) Please confirm your password by typing it again.
8) Within custom set up, select parental lock.
9) You will be asked to enter your new Password.
10) Select Parental Lock Level
11) Change the lock level to "off"
12) Open the disk tray and re-set the console to change the settings.
13) Run DVD.
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
For all playstation users with password issues .......on the the menu that asks you to put the pass word press select then it will ask you to delete password ENTER 7444 then it will aks you to register your new password and your done thanks for listening .MADCORP
Posted on Mar 09, 2009
Ok for all of you who were or are as irritated with this as i am in order to access the parental controls menu (i.e. to make it blue instead of gray) hit select and STOP the movie hit select and if the stop button is still bue hit it again ig it is gray go to parental controls and it should now be blue set level to off lastly make sure to take the disc out beofre turning off the ps2 or it will not save pain in the **** sony but at least idont have to look at that stupid enter code button any more.
Posted on May 23, 2009
Try the code "5432". it worked for my friend, who hadnt set a code. if you press select, it will ask you for a code to delete the password. at that place, try "7444".
Posted on Jan 03, 2008
When you experiance these problems with not noing the parental control passwords you can change it by pressing select when the thing asks you for a password then type the code 7444 then you can change the password.
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
Mine had a simuler problem and i looked in the manual
Posted on Aug 05, 2009
Why don't you just take it to Best Buy or where ever you got it from and then exchange it or you could return it and git your $ back!!!!!!!and rate this Fix Ya please!!!!!
Posted on Dec 25, 2007
We had the same problem and put in 0000 and it worked!!
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
Its really work ya to cut the parental codes off now you can watch porn and get to watch r rated movies also play m rated games you have to do it correct as the guy said on here to break the code forever also get free advertiing on this link now place any link you want then as soon u get your link-banner place in blog,website also in search engines gain millions of hits http://www.webtrafficjuggernaut.com/vlt/links/91004
Posted on Aug 28, 2009
I guess we all have problems with this type of console. That's why I just content myself with popular room games on the PS2 that my family would enjoy. It's the least I could do with something that doesn't function very well.
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
Posted on Oct 17, 2009
I had got my son a PS2 an it will not play DVDs rayed or PG,
It will not play PS2 games rated T !
Only Child games! if you can help me solve this prob, let me kno!
Posted on Nov 16, 2008
Posted on Nov 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2011 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Nov 25, 2010 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
May 18, 2010 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Sep 11, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Aug 02, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Jul 30, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Jun 06, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Apr 10, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
5,989 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!