Question about Magic Chef CER3760 Electric Kitchen Range
I was broiling something then finished, went to bake something ten minutes later and the f1 started flashing after beeping. I have no idea what happened the burners still work. Christmas is tomorrow no turkey in my oven...does the f1 mean fuse 1?
Thank you in advance.
Your sugestion does not work.I press CLEAR/OFF and power off several times, the F1 error and beeping is continue every 2 minutes. Any other suggestion?
Posted on Jan 02, 2008
Hi this is indicating a Defective touch pad or clock (ERC).
This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control board or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present. Follow carefully, and with caution.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: Do not preform this test if you feel as if you are not qualified to do so. Contact your local service depot, if needed.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
code F1 means that an error with the keypad has occurred. Usually it happens
due to loose ribbon cable on the keypad or the electronic control assembly
itself going bad. To resolve this issue first, disconnect the power to unit and
then gain access to the back of the clock assembly (Electronic Range
Control/ERC). Now unplug the touch pad ribbon connector from the ERC, it would
be a flat wire approx. 1 1/2" to 2" wide and make sure that the cable
is not broken and nothing is shorted on the keypad. After this is done insert
the cable back and then plug the unit back to check. If the error is still
there then the electronic control board should be replaced. Hope
this helps...please post back for further assistance.
Aug 04, 2011 | Magic Chef CGR1415AD Gas Kitchen Range
Jan 27, 2011 | Magic Chef 31000 Gas Kitchen Range
Feb 07, 2009 | Magic Chef 31000 Gas Kitchen Range
Mar 05, 2008 | Kitchen Ranges
Dec 04, 2007 | Magic Chef CGS3760 Gas Kitchen Range
Dec 01, 2007 | Magic Chef CER3725AA Electric Kitchen...
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: