- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
CHANGING THE SCREEN ASPECT RATIO: ( From Manual )
The TV can display images in four different modes: Wide, Zoom, Panoramic, and Normal. Each mode displays the picture differently. To change the screen aspect ratio:
1. Press the MENU button on the remote.
2. Use the Arrow buttons to highlight the Wide icon. Press OK.
3. Use the Arrow buttons to highlight your desired screen mode and press OK:
• Normal preserves the content's original aspect ratio. Since the 4:3 aspect ratio is not large enough to fill the TV's screen, black bars are added to the left and right of the display image.
• Wide stretches a 4:3 aspect ratio picture to the edges of the screen. Since the picture is being stretched, the display image may appear distorted. If the program is already formatted for widescreen viewing (1.85:1 or 2.35:1), then black bars will appear on the top and bottom of the display image.
• Zoom expands images with black bars to fit the screen.
• Panoramic expands the display image to fill the screen.
images may appear wider than intended.
If you are watching widescreen (1.85:1 or 2.35:1) content, black bars will still appear on the top and bottom of the display image. This option is only available when the TV is displaying a 480i/480p source.
Ur tv have a problems known as a convergence pictures problems,it is dead.Tv have any colors lines R,G,B mis alignments,have colors shadows pictures or 3D pictures look alike?Yes,than the tv have a dead convergence board to causes these problems.The tv convergence board must have to be repair like replacing 2 STK convergence ICS and some or all of it resistors too.To fixed the tv convergence board to solved the tv convergence pictures problems.The tvs shops will cost u like $300-350 for parts and labors.
No,need to diagnose.It a 100% convergence problems.Convergence problems very easy diagnose.The picture look like 3D,colors lines don't lines up.Fuzzy,out of focus.Convergence controls don't work to lines up any colors cross.The tech is cheating u if he said cost $125 to diagnose.If u know how to solders u could fix this convergence problems about $100.U can buy a convergence kit at Websites Tv repair World.com,Tvrepairkits.com.The shop everythings fix parts and labors only $300.
I have red concave lines going across the screen, plus wording appears double like a ghosting effect, this is ongoing from the time the tv is turned on until it is turned off. This started 3 days ago. Is it time for a new tv, its 9 or 10 yrs old now.
The liquid coolant between the guns and the lenses may be fogged, low, or both. If the red gun has fogged coolant, you'll see red fringing around objects. It can be drained and refilled with new coolant, but it's gotta be the right stuff. You may be able to get some from a junk set, as I have done with success. Shine a light into the front of each lens. If the liquid has gone bad, you'll be able to see it.
This sounds like your convergence correction amplifiers have malfunctioned. These Integrated Circuits often burn out after a few years (STK392-110) they can be replaced with a higher version (STK392-150) However it is important to have the biasing circuitry checked to make sure nothing has burnt out as a result of the ICs malfunctioning. If you have a background in electronics you can repair this problem with very little effort, however if you do not have a background in electronics, I would suggest that you have your TV serviced by a qualified TV technician.
It sounds like one of your convergence IC's has burned out and needs to be replaced. The defective IC will have to be replaced, the low-value resistors next to it checked and the convergence circuits realigned. If you do not have any experience working inside projection sets, allow a qualified tech to handle it for you.