Question about Epson Stylus RX580 InkJet Photo Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If you updated your mac then what happens is a generic driver (GIMP/CUPS) got installed. Do the following:
To remove any previous Epson printer driver files and get a good working install of the latest download for the Intel Duo Core, do the following:
1. Double click on the MAC HARD DRIVE.
2. Double click on the LIBRARY folder.
3. Double click on the PRINTERS folder.
4. Drag the EPSON folder to the trash can.
5. Close any open windows.
6. Double click on the MAC HARD DRIVE.
7. Double click on the LIBRARY folder.
8. Double click on the RECEIPTS folder.
9. Delete any "Epson" receipts. Close back to desktop.
10. Open the OS X "Printer Setup Utility".
11. Select the "Printer Setup Utility" menu at the top of your screen and click "Reset Printing System...". Confirm resetting.
12. Close all open windows and restart your computer.
If you have not done so already, use the following steps to obtain the download for the new Intel Duo Core driver:
1. Go to http://support.epson.com
2. Select Printers then Inkjet then your printer model.
3. Under "Drivers and Downloads" select Macintosh.
4. Download only the driver marked for the Intel Duo Core system.
Printer Driver v3.0aAs
Intel-based Macs with OS X (v10.4.4 or later)
epson11769.dmg - 12.4MB - posted on 02/06/06
1. Double-click on the "epson11769.dmg" file and follow prompts to create an "epson11769_r1800_printer_driver_30aas" disk image on your desktop.
2. Open the disk image. Double-click the "SPR1800Series 30a" installer icon to begin the installation.
3. Follow prompts to complete installation. Restart Mac once the install is complete.
Do the following to add the printer once the new downloadable Intel Duo Core driver has been downloaded and installed properly:
1. Connect printer.
2. Open Printer Setup Utility.
3. Click ADD.
4. Ensure you are on the Default Browser window.
5. Highlight printer as it appears under Printer Name.
6. For "Print Using" select "Epson Stylus R1800" if this automatically appears on the list. If this does not appear, select OTHER (not "Epson" - which links you to GIMP drivers, which we don't recommend or support). NOTE: if you are using a firewire connection, the printer name may appear as a letter only - ie "E" for "Epson". This is normal.
7. A new window opens where you can Browse to the hard drive location of:
HD > Library > Printers > Epson > Inkjet Printers
(This location contains all the Intel Duo Core Epson driver plugins, be they resident or downloaded.)
8. Highlight/Select the plugin for your printer model in the Inkjet Printers folder, then click OPEN.
9. Use the up/down arrows at the end of "Print Using" again to (re)select the printer's name, which will now appear at the TOP of the "Print Using" list.
10. Click ADD. The new downloaded driver will now be added on the list.
11. If there are other printers on the list, ensure the Epson is made default before testing.
When you are working with a printer model which supports borderless and/or roll paper printing options, you will be able to select these options in the program you are printing from as you set up your print job.
1. Once you have an image or file open, go to File > Page Setup.
2. For "Format For" select the Epson printer name (rather than "Any Printer").
3. Select the appropriate Paper Size. If your printer supports different layout features, each paper size will have several different options. For example, the 4x6 paper size will have an arrow pointing right which offers choices of 4x6 Borderless, 4x6 Standard-Minimize Margins, etc. Pick the paper type plus layout/margin option you want to use here.
4. Click OK on Page Setup. You are now ready to print.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
the whole printer opens rather easily simply lift up on the front of the case and it should open and then remove the cartriges from the releases.
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
If you have carried out 4 to 5 head cleans, waited about 8 hours and done another 3 or head cleans doing nozzle checks after each clean (as recommended by the manual) and there is still no improvement then you will need a third party head cleaning solution such as this one:
Other makes & brands are available just google "inkjet head cleaning solution" Hope this helps.
Posted on Apr 03, 2009
not necessarily. The disk has the drivers for it to scan to your PC. However, you can get them from epson and maybe microsoft.
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 11, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 03, 2012 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Aug 31, 2011 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 10, 2010 | Epson RX620 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
Jan 21, 2010 | Epson Stylus NX100 InkJet Printer
Aug 22, 2009 | Epson Stylus C46 InkJet Printer
Feb 25, 2009 | Epson Stylus C86 InkJet Printer
Sep 09, 2008 | Epson Stylus RX580 InkJet Photo Printer
May 31, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX6400 All-In-One InkJet...
May 12, 2008 | Epson PictureMate (C11C556001) InkJet...
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!