Question about Jenn-Air JMV8208AAS Microwave Oven
Is it possible that some spray cleaner got into the controls?
I always recommend that users instead spray cleaner on a soft cloth then wipe the control panel.
Also, I always recommend non-ammonia cleaners since ammonia can crack and damage plastic.
Otherwise, the spray can get into the controls and lock it up or make it act odd.
If it does not dry out over time, it may need to be manually dried or blown out.
The keypad may be damaged or worn out, or control unit may be damaged.
On some models, the membrane keypad is not available as a separate part, so you would have to order the control panel frame assembly which comes with a new keypad.
In this case, you simply move your circuit board into the new frame. That is a simple do-it-yourself job.
At our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
Then you unplug the keypad (as per the photo below) and move the circuit board into your frame.
Some connectors on the relays may have a lock:
You can find handy exploded views and get part numbers by entering your full model number here.
If you (or someone you know) might want to replace it yourself, I have uploaded a handy guide with pictures showing you what's typically involved. It's here.
If you might be interested in having us so the work for you, we charge $39.95.
Feel free to contact me directly.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
William E. Miller
Posted on Oct 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2012 | GE JES1344SK Microwave Oven
Jul 14, 2017 | Microwave Ovens
Jul 03, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
If there is no heating please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Make sure that the program controller is working if not check power - step down supply, the pads are responding- if not faulty pads- or the door switches, if contact is not through the microwave will not work.
Now keeping clear of the microwave, switch on, use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
Jun 14, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 15, 2011 | GE JES1290 Convection/Microwave Oven
Aug 04, 2010 | Danby DMW753 Microwave Oven
Jul 09, 2009 | Emerson Microwave Ovens
Jan 11, 2009 | GE JVM1850 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
Oct 25, 2007 | GE JES1238 Microwave Oven
Aug 10, 2017 | Jenn-Air JMV8208AAS Microwave Oven
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: